Dinner at Cabanas/Fantasy

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by cruzlover, Jan 17, 2013.

1. cruzlover

cruzlover Earning My Ears

I was reading the Prince/Princess menu and didn't find anything that really appealed to me. Does Cabanas have typical buffet fare or the same menu items as the dining room for dinner? RCCL really dresses up part of the dining area with white tablecloths, etc so it has a nicer atmosphere. We are going to Palo on Pirate Night so don't really want to do that twice and I have a hard time justifying the cover charge for Remy (even though I know it would be totally worth it!)

Thanks so much for your input.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DynamicDisneyDuo

DynamicDisneyDuo DIS Veteran

Cabanas is sit-down service for dinner with a selection of items from the night's menus. Not sure how they handle theme menu nights.

4. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

The menu in the buffet for dinner is a selection of items from the available menu that evening in the other MDRs. Plus a salad bar and a carving staion.

It doesn't matter what the menu in the other MDRs is, that's what is used for the menu in the "buffet".

:cutie:

5. PrincessTrisha

PrincessTrisha DIS Veteran

When we had dinner at Cabanas on the Dream, there were several selections from the regular dinner menus but there were also additional items not available in the dining rooms - there was a choice of 3 kinds of steaks, chicken and a different pasta dish along with different appetizers and desserts.

It may be worth checking out the dinner menu at cabanas prior to your dinner seating to decide if it's different enough that night and there are items you may enjoy trying.

PS - our service in Cabanas was absolutely outstanding! It was like they were tripping over themselves to make sure we were happy. It was some of the best service I've ever experienced on a DCL ship.

6. ufcabear

ufcabear Mouseketeer

We have also had great service at night in Cabanas. The servers are all very friendly and attentive. We were told these servers are working on advancing to MDRs. Sometimes it's nice to not have a scheduled time to eat in the evening. We do still pay our dining room servers their full tip though.

7. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

We did Topsiders for dinner on the Magic....theme nights were a selection of items from the theme menus as well as a salad bar and "carved item." You could also get the grilled steak, chicken, or fish. It was really very nice and we definitely plan to do it again on our next cruise.

On the regular MDR menu, there is also fish, chicken, and steak in addition to the 6 "fancier" dishes each night. I can't imagine not finding anything on the menu that I'd like--think ordering an entree without the sauce or other small alterations. You can switch out sides, etc. in order to get what you want.

8. KalleAnka

KalleAnka Earning My Ears

Goo evening,
    How does the buffet work at night? I know some nights there actually is a buffet while other nights there is a la carte dining.

On the A la carte nights, do you order all courses from a menu or is the appetizers/desserts buffet style?

Thank you

9. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Except for the first and last nights of the cruise, the buffet is a sit-down table service for dinner. The menu is a selection of items from the menu(s) available in the other MDRs that evening. Plus a salad bar and a carving station.

10. SnowWhite2

SnowWhite2 DIS Veteran

Cabanas/Topsiders is open from 6:30 - 8:30 pm every evening for a sit down dinner except for the first and last nights of the cruise when it is closed.