Dining Times

tylerandalexsmom

Seriously addicted to Disney
I know, I know - it gets asked a thousand times! But now that I'm looking, of course I can't find a thread or my notes from our last cruise....:confused3 (Sorry!)

What are the main and second seating times? We did Main seating on a 4 day, now considering a second seating on a 7 day. The Main seating time is probably closer to our "normal" eating time, but we felt rushed getting back from ports and getting dressed in time for dinner. But then, we like seeing all the shows too (the main stage shows, not necessarily the non-Disney people like the puppets, or whatever else), so either we rush back to get dressed for dinner, or we rush back to get dressed for the show, right? (Will second seating really give us any extra time, or will we still be rushed AND hungry?!;) )

I know, I know - it gets asked a thousand times! But now that I'm looking, of course I can't find a thread or my notes from our last cruise....:confused3 (Sorry!)

What are the main and second seating times? We did Main seating on a 4 day, now considering a second seating on a 7 day. The Main seating time is probably closer to our "normal" eating time, but we felt rushed getting back from ports and getting dressed in time for dinner. But then, we like seeing all the shows too (the main stage shows, not necessarily the non-Disney people like the puppets, or whatever else), so either we rush back to get dressed for dinner, or we rush back to get dressed for the show, right? (Will second seating really give us any extra time, or will we still be rushed AND hungry?!;) )

Generally, I believe the main seating is 5:45-6:00 and late seating 7:45-8:00 time frames. I will point out the shows in the Walt Disney Theatre are at the same times, so, main seating goes to late show and late seating goes to earlier show. Whether this will give you more of a "comfort zone" is your choice.

We usually do early dinner and late show, because we don't really like going to bed after just eating a big dinner. That said, we have done late dining on those cruises that were port intensive (and the shore excursions taking all day) just to be sure we made it in time. On those days we would miss the show.

:cutie:

On the Dream:

1st dinner seating - 5:45pm, showtime 8:30pm
2nd dinner seating - 8:15pm, showtime 6:15pm

We had 1st and always had plenty of time between dinner and the show to change or whatever. Usually we just wore the same thing to the show though.

On our January Magic cruise we did late dinner for the first time and it worked really well.

There was always about an hour between the show and time to dine so you can use that time to dress for dinner if you wish! We always used it to go to sessions for a pre-dinner cocktail!

We always got dressed before dinner, and then wondered around (shops, etc.) until time for the show, so I'm not worried about the time in between dinner and the show (or show and dinner if we do second seating), but am just wondering if the later dinner with show first would give us any extra time to get ready? Sounds like if we do the later dinner, we'd have 30 extra minutes before the show vs. doing main seating? (Main seating at 5:45 with show afterward, vs. 6:15 show with second dinner seating) But, we'd want to be in line to get a good seat for the show, so we'd get there early anyway, and doesn't sound like it would save us much time.... Unless there are days when we didn't do the show (which we would want to see all the main stage shows). I forgot, how many Disney stage shows are there on the 7 night cruise?

We always got dressed before dinner, and then wondered around (shops, etc.) until time for the show, so I'm not worried about the time in between dinner and the show (or show and dinner if we do second seating), but am just wondering if the later dinner with show first would give us any extra time to get ready? Sounds like if we do the later dinner, we'd have 30 extra minutes before the show vs. doing main seating? (Main seating at 5:45 with show afterward, vs. 6:15 show with second dinner seating) But, we'd want to be in line to get a good seat for the show, so we'd get there early anyway, and doesn't sound like it would save us much time.... Unless there are days when we didn't do the show (which we would want to see all the main stage shows). I forgot, how many Disney stage shows are there on the 7 night cruise?

On our MR cruise we had 5.

Welcome Aboard: Let the Magic Begin!
The Golden Mickeys
Toy Story: The Musical
Disney Dreams: An Enchanted Classic
Remember the Magic: A Final Farewell

:cutie:

On a 7 night cruise there are 3 main "Broadway style" stage shows plus the Welcome Aboard and Farewell shows. That's 5 nights....there is typically a movie night and a variety type act or other for the 7th night.

Dinner times.....it varies. The one thing that is consistent is that there will be 2 1/2 hours between main and late dining. Main at 5:30/late at 8 OR Main at 5:45/late on 8:15 (this was on our most recent cruise) OR main at 6:00 and late at 8:30. We've experienced all of these. The show times are adjusted to match up with the dining times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter