Dining surcharge 11/22-11/29--Questions

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by BlakeNJ, Nov 10, 2008.

1. BlakeNJ

BlakeNJ DIS Veteran

I understand the increase for Thanksgiving but what is the increase on the other days? Why would breakfast on the Monday before Thanksgiving require a price increase?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disnut8

disnut8 DIS Veteran

Because a lot of people will be taking Monday-Wednesday off work to have a full week at Disney World.

And remember that the holiday surcharge is only for buffets and character meals. You can still have a nice sit down meal at another restaurant that isn't subject to the surcharge.

4. BlakeNJ

BlakeNJ DIS Veteran

I understand that, but what I am confused about is for example, 'Ohana. We are eating there on Sunday 11/23. Would the below price include us or just Thursday, Thanksgiving dinner? Are they serving turkey all week??

Ohana '08

Dinner

2:00pm - 10:00pm

Price (not including tax and gratuity):

$32.99 ages 10 and up

$15.99 ages 3 - 9

Feature Menu

All you care to eat Roast Turkey, duet of Mashed and Sweet Potatoes, Cornbread Stuffing, Sauteed Green Beans, Home made gravy, Pumpkin Cheesecake

Non-alcoholic, non-specialty beverage is included. Regular menu is NOT available.

5. tortoni

tortoni DIS Veteran

We were there last Thanksgiving and it was the same. They raise the buffet and character dining for the whole week because they know they will have extra traffic. Supply and demand, I guess-no extra food.

6. cymbaldiva

cymbaldiva DIS Veteran

$32.99 for turkey dinner?

Ummm ... I'll pass.

7. Hawk

Hawk DIS Veteran

We will be at WDW 11/20 to 12/03. This is one of the reasons we rent a car; so we can go offsite for meals! :thumbsup2

Tim/Hawk

8. TDC Nala

TDC Nala 1937, what a year that was

Ohana's Thanksgiving menu is only for Thanksgiving day.

On the other dates between 11/22 and 11/29 they should serve the regular menu - but Ohana is a family style restaurant, so there will be a holiday price increase for the regular menu. Prepare to pay about $30 - $32 for dinner for adults.