Dining Room Seating

sgentile914

Earning My Ears
We are going for our Honeymoon next March, just curious, is it possible we will get our own table in the dining room if they know its our honeymoon or will we be with other couples?

Thanks

At the risk of being crass, your honeymoon will have nothing to do with it. Seating is based on requests and DCL needs. If you want to be seated alone, call DCL (or your TA if you used one) and have a note added to your reservation that you wish to be seated alone. They try to honor requests. If you get it, you will be seated at a 4-top, but it will be just the two of you.

After boarding, go to "dining changes" and ask if you have been seated alone. If not, request it again at that time, and stress the honeymoon in person.

We are going for our Honeymoon next March, just curious, is it possible we will get our own table in the dining room if they know its our honeymoon or will we be with other couples?

Thanks

Minimum table tops are for 4, so there is an increased chance if it is just you two.

Actions:-

Try late dinner, there is more of a chance on that.
Put in a request to DCL for a table for 2, it doesnt hurt to try.
Book Palo dinner one night, that will be a table for 2,
DCL will always try to do anything, particularly if you are on honeymoon, you have to respect there is limited capacity in the restaurants, but its been done before, ask and ask and ask again.

Congratulations and I hope the wedding and honeymoon are fantastic.

They may or may not give you your own table. You can request a table for just you (there are no actual tables for 2; the smallest is a table for 4). If you have late seating dinner, I think you would have a better chance of getting a table without tablemates. (Early is very popular and they may have to use every available spot.)

When they do match up tablemates, I know they try to put similar matched people together (other honeymooning couples, other couples of similar ages, etc.) You might want to have the experience of having other tablemates and then take advantage of a couple of nights just by yourself at Palo or other options.

They may or may not give you your own table. You can request a table for just you (there are no actual tables for 2; the smallest is a table for 4). If you have late seating dinner, I think you would have a better chance of getting a table without tablemates. (Early is very popular and they may have to use every available spot.)

When they do match up tablemates, I know they try to put similar matched people together (other honeymooning couples, other couples of similar ages, etc.) You might want to have the experience of having other tablemates and then take advantage of a couple of nights just by yourself at Palo or other options.

:thumbsup2

Thanks for the info, it wasn't really a big deal I was just curious, but a table of four is not bad at all, esp if its a couple our age ( I was thinking we would end up with 6-8 at our table)...and we do have the second seating and are planning a Palo night as well!

Thanks!

Thanks for the info, it wasn't really a big deal I was just curious, but a table of four is not bad at all, esp if its a couple our age ( I was thinking we would end up with 6-8 at our table)...and we do have the second seating and are planning a Palo night as well!

Thanks!

Hey, Honeymoon and Wedding is a big deal its the best day of your life, you can ask,here and ask DCL, and I wish you the very best........

More suggestions.

Visit the cruise meets thread for your cruise see if there is anyone you like there and ask to link reservations, it takes the lottery out of it,

Request a small table now, or max of a table for 4.

They did tell you that you share a cabin with your tablemates, right?;):scared1::surfweb:

Hey, Honeymoon and Wedding is a big deal its the best day of your life, you can ask,here and ask DCL, and I wish you the very best........

More suggestions.

Visit the cruise meets thread for your cruise see if there is anyone you like there and ask to link reservations, it takes the lottery out of it,

Request a small table now, or max of a table for 4.

I have organized this on our prior cruise and it worked out awesome! We linked reservations with 2 other couples and we loved every minute of it.

For our May 2010 cruise, I also organized a DIS table. So far, we have 6 adults linked together. It definitely takes the worry out of it plus talking on the DIS, we already know our tablemates even before we sail.

Awesome idea! :thumbsup2

I just want to add my two cents that sometimes having dinner companions can be a wonderful experience! DH and I cruised right after 9/11 to "get away" because we had just lost our first child to a miscarriage. We really thought we'd want to be alone for dinner but ended up making a lovely friendship with a mother and daughter from CA who we stayed in touch with for years. We really looked forward to seeing them every night at dinner and were disappointed one night when they didn't make it. :)

Thanks

We took a 7 night DCL trip for our honeymoon and they were MORE than happy to seat us by ourselves. They weren't upset, they almost seemed happy about it. We just went to Studio Sea when we got on the ship, told them it was our honeymoon and we'd like to sit alone. They said No Problem, and changed it right there on the spot! They said it was much easier to do since we asked for the late dinner seating.

That was our experience. Good luck OP!

If we are a party of 3 would we automatically get seated at one of those 4 seaters, or would we be put at a larger table with other families? I cherish our family dinner time....it's a time for us to connect especially when we've been off doing things separately all day, or a time for us to talk about our day together.

DW and I were on the Feb 6th 8 night magic on our second honeymoon. Left the sibling behind with Grandma and Grandpa.

Upon boarding we went to Rockin Bar D to request seating. We told them the above, they said that we were scheduled to be at a table of 8 with kids. They had no problem changing our seating.

Simone works wonders....

We called DCL about a month before our cruise for Jan 2010 to request a certain rotation. At that time, the rep asked what size table we wanted. She said we could have anything from a 2 top to an 8 top. We asked for a 6 top since I have trouble hearing people if there is too much background noise. We ended up at a 6 top with us and 2 other people.

So I would call and make a request before you sail...

We are a group of 3, had early dining. They had us going to Animators on the day of the Nassau and we were doing Atlantis all day, so just wanted to do room service that night. After boarding and having lunch, we went to Wavebands. They have someone there doing dining changes. He gave us our own table and switched our rotation. I did not ask for our own table, but just the rotation switch but he said, oh I will just give you your own table. Very accomodating. So worth a try to check that out after your board and have lunch.

I agree with the above posters concerning seating... but if worst comes to worse... two words...

Room Service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter