Dining Reviews 7/26 through 8/2

maybees02

Earning My Ears
We were at Disney 7 days, using the dining plan, and we loved the food! Here are some quick reviews of table service places. We were a party of 5, me, DH, my mom (DM) and our DS 4 and DD 7.

Chef Mickey's 7/26 dinner:

We loved Chef Mickey's! I was expecting the worst as far as a buffet feeding so many people, but it was well maintained and the food was delicious. I had the corn and chicken chowder, peel and eat shrimp, prime rib, teriyaki chicken, orange glazed carrots, and stir fry veggies. It was all delicious. My kids were so tired and dehydrated I think they only ate two bites of mac and cheese and drank about 5 juice boxes in a row, so not much to review there. My mom is diabetic and found plenty she could eat on the buffet. My DH is very picky, but liked the oriental chicken. For dessert I had a key lime tart, a cheesecake with a blueberry on top, and a Mickey dome (chocolate fudge on top of an oreo, with chocolate wafer ears). My mom and I thought it was delicious, the kids didn't care one way or the other because they were so into the characters, which were wonderful, and DH thought it was okay, which is high praise from him.

Sci Fi Dine In July 27 - lunch

This place was so cute! We were charmed by the decor, and the kids got their driver's licenses, which they loved.

DD (7) had the veggie and dip appetizer, chicken fingers and fries, and they let us get a chocolate shake for her dessert. We also paid for a drink with a glow cube separately.

DS (4) had the fruit and dip appetizer, chicken fingers and fired, and chocolate shake and a drink and glow cube.

Both kids were starving and devoured the meal, so that was a good review from them.

DH had the onion rings appetizer, hamburger and fries, and a chocolate shake as dessert. He said it was really good, but there were too many onion rings for him, even sharing with us.

DM had the mixed greens as an appetizer, and the smoked ham sandwich with cucumber melon salad, and chocolate tart as dessert. She said it was delicious, and she had not expected to like the cucumber melon salad, but she did. She gave the tart to my DD, and I had a bite and it was wonderful.

I had the chips and spinach/artichoke dip, chicken ceaser salad and apple crisp. It was all good, but not really wonderful. The salad had hardly any dressing. The spinach dip was as good as I've had elsewhere, but no better. The tart was not so good, it was kind of bland. So definitely not my favorite, but not a bad meal at all.

This was DH's favorite, tied with Le Cellier.

Le Cellier - July 28 - dinner

DD had the kid's salad, pasta with tomato sauce, and s'mores dessert. She loved everything, and even sang a little song later about how she had such a good dinner. She loved the s'mores dessert!

DS had the same thing, and liked it but was so tired and not really interested in eating.

I had the cheese soup, the mushroom filet mignon, and the strawberries and balsamic ice cream dessert. The soup was delicious, but way too rich for me to finish the whole thing. My steak was wonderful, the risotto that came with was perfect, and I loved every bite. The dessert was wonderful, very light and not too sweet. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was a real treat.

DH had the grilled beef tenderloin kebab appetizer, the New York strip, which he requested with no veal glaze, and a chocolate moose. He liked the kebab, loved the steak, but disliked the potatoes that came with it. He ate the cookie under the moose, but nothing else. He liked it, but he has a favorite steak place and said it wasn't as good as his regular place.

DM had the shrimp cocktail, New York strip minus the glaze, and the strawberries/balsamic ice cream dessert. She loved every bite.

Cinderella's Royal Table - July 29 - breakfast

I didn't expect much since we were there for the princesses, but the food was really good. The adults got a basket of delicious pastries (croissants, muffins, cinnamon rolls, with butter and strawberry jam), then a selection of eggs, bacon sausage and potato casserole or granola/yogurt. We all chose the traditional breakfast. It tasted fine, everything was hot and well cooked, not overdone. The pastries were delicious. The kids got a fruit cup, sausage, bacon and eggs. DD was too excited to eat much, but DS enjoyed his fruit and sausage. It was way too much food for everyone, but it was a very nice start to the day.

July 30 - Perfectly Princess Tea

This was amazing. Again, the emphasis was the atmosphere. DD got a plate of heart shaped sandwiches, ham and cheese and peanut butter, with grapes and apple juice. DM and I got tea sandwiches, chicken almond salad, egg salad, and seafood salad. I loved the seafood the chicken, the egg not so much, but DM loved the egg salad and chicken salad, and was not wild about the seafood. We got some cheese and lavosh crackers and some grapes, along with our tea. We were all still hungry afterwards, though! We also got a piece of delicious sponge cake, layered with strawberry mouse. It was the most delicious cake I have ever put in my mouth. All in all, with all the princessy stuff, it was worth the exorbitant price!

July 31 - breakfast at 1900 Park Fare

The buffet was good. We had cinnamon pecan rolls, eggs, bacon, Mickey waffles, and I tried the strawberry soup, which I didn't enjoy. I thought it tasted like melted strawberry ice cream. Everything was hot and delicious. The kids loved the kids sized buffet. We were so stuffed from breakast nobody wanted lunch! The characters were okay here. Alice was sick so they had Belle instead, and she was kind of awkward. The Mad Hatter was wonderful, Pooh and Tigger were too, and we saw Mary Poppins for a brief moment as we left, and she was very quiet and not so much fun.

August 1 - breakfast at Crystal Palace

We all agreed that this was the best meal of the entire trip, and will forever be the breakfast by which I measure all others. It had regular breakfast items, with delicious eggs, bacon, sausage, and character waffles, which the kids loved. We tried the corned beef frittata, which was good. The crowning jewels, however, were the breakfast lasagna, which I can only describe as fruity banana-y bread pudding, and the puffed cinnamon sugar french toast. My son ate three plates of the most delicious strawberries, and my daughter, despite being excited to see Piglet and Eeyore, ate and ate again. Again we didn't need any lunch this day. I dream of going back here some day!

The characters here were wonderful, but we did have to wait a bit for them to get to our table. At all the other character meals, we had no wait for characters whatsoever, but Crystal Palace was extremely busy, and I can see why!

I will be glad to answer any questions. And, for any parents whose kids like characters, character breakfasts are totally the way to go, in my opinion. First, if you get them early enough, you can bypass the waiting in line at the ticket readers and go right in, which saved us from a lot of whining, plus the characters come to you in air conditioning instead of you waiting in a hot line for them!

Very glad to hear your reviews. We are also eating at Le Cellier, CRT, and CP. I am looking forward to the CP breakfast after reading about your experience! :sunny:

Hi,
I have a link to abreviations but can't find any of the ones I am looking for when I need them! Can you tell me what yours stand for? I also read a review for 50pt?? don't remember it all but it sounded great, but no idea how to find it! I did send an email to the person who wrote it so hopefully I will hear from her. Is there a page of just restaurant abreviations? Thank you for your time and patience, I have dial-up so it takes a long time to open pages and then try to find a way to read them. We will be in Florida next Friday!
Connie
August 11-12 see the ocean
August13-18 Pop Century

50's Prime Time Diner at MGM. I have never eaten there so I cannot comment on how it is. All I know is that it is a real retro 50's style with comfort food and the wait staff will give you a hard time if you put your elbows on the table, don't finish vegetables, etc.

Onto the review: I am glad that you enjoyed LeCellier. We have a lunch ressie there for our second day and I am really looking forward to it. I have heard varying reports on the cheese soup and can't decide between that and the shrimp. Did you find the soup too strong or too salty? I am really going to have trouble deciding on the dessert - they all sound so good. Of course, I have been dieting and everything sounds so much better than my salad and cottage cheese!! LOL :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

We agree that the CP breakfast is wonderful! I could make a complete meal out of that deep fried puffed french toast alone. We can't wait to go back.

I love your reviews! :thumbsup2 We are going to most of the restaurants you listed and can't wait! I didn't know that they gave out drivers licenses at Sci Fi, how cute! You've made us even more excited for our trip, if that is possible! :cloud9:

I think I would have enjoyed the shrimp more than the cheese soup. It was very strongly flavored, and while I didn't dislike it, it was too rich and heavy for me to eat the whole thing.

Thank you so much for the great reviews! We are hitting Chef Mickeys for dinner and CP for breakfast in October....1900 Park Fare and Le Cellier in Dec...

I'm glad to hear CP was so good - we'll be going for the first time this trip and are really looking forward to it now! We'll also be eating at Chef Mickey's (breakfast, though), Sci-Fi, and Le Cellier, so it was good to hear about them, too. Thanks!

Great reviews, Friend ;) !! Now you've got me wanting to go to the CP for breakfast in May! We were there when Josh was 2, but the menu wasn't nearly as good as it sounds like it is now!

Glad you had such a good time!:woohoo:

OMG, the CP buffet was to die for. Even my hard to please DH was very impressed. There was so much to choose from, too, we didn't even get to try half of the choices. I had read about the breakfast lasagna, and our server recommended the puffed french toast and we ate more than one serving. The kids wanted to wait for the characters even though they were kind of slow, so we just sat there and ate and ate and ate!

Are you using the dining plan? I can't recommend it enough. It was nice to not have to worry about how much money to take for meals, plus with the gratuity included it was just so amazingly simply. Since we don't really drink alcohol, it was perfect for us.

I can't wait for our next trip, but I think we will be going back to Indian Rocks to visit DBIL before we get back to Disney!

Leah

pirate: Thanks for the reviews. I agree 100% about CP. :thumbsup2 DW, who is a picky eater, loves the cook-to-order eggs. We can't wait to go again in October! :hourglass

hi

you just confirmed that I will indeed need to get up at 7am to have bkfst at CP like I had planned! Thanks for the reviews. We plan on doing LeCellier and CP bkfst as well

thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter