Dining reviews 6/24-7/1

SLM

DIS Veteran
Just returned and had some wonderful dinners. Here are the places we went to:

California Grill-great food, terrific view. The waiters are good about holding your food if the fireworks are going to start-they even suggest it before you get a chance to ask! Don't worry about getting a table by the window-we had one in the smaller room and still went out to the deck.

Garden Grill-this was a sentimental choice for the empty nesters-it was the first restaurant in WDW we took our daughter to when she was only five (she's 24 and married now). Things have changed of course, but we really enjoyed this dinner. The food is fresh, the vegetables crisp, we love seafood and the catfish was excellent. Don't be afraid to try it, it's a very mild white fish with a crispy coating. Desserts were wonderful.
If you have little ones the characters spend alot of time at your table-it's very relaxed and lots of time for pictures.

Spoodles-good food, great sangria! We were a half hour early and they were still able to seat us within 5 minutes.

Flying Fish Cafe-I reviewed this in another thread-our favorite. Well worth 2 TS credits.

As a note, we were on thr DDP and we had excellent and attentive service at all these restaurants as well as the counter service places. We usually ordered a drink first and then told our waiter we were on the DDP-not one instance of less than great service.
I'll be happy to answer any questions!

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for the reviews! I can see going to Chef Mickey's with my dh in 20 years' time for sentimental reasons when my kids are grown. :) That's the first place we went on the first night we were at Disney. I'll never forget ds2 doing the napkin dance in the pjs I bought him at the shop in the contemporary because we got soaked on the way and he was miserable in his wet clothes. :love:

Beth :crazy:

Thanks for the reviews. It sounds like you had some good meals.
superman.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter