dining reservations at DLP

Minnie824

DIS Veteran
This is our first trip to disneyland paris and want to eat at Chez Remy one night. My 60 days is approaching...I'm used to making reservations asap with WDW...is it tough to get in there? should I call at 60 days out? And do I need to call? Can't do it online right?

Hi, you'll be fine with 60 days. Yes, you need to call, can't be done online. It's s busy place but lots of people don't book at DLP and try to get in on the day so I'm sure you'll get what you need when you call.

As Poppy says, people turn up and don't book, which can mean long waits if you turn up at the wrong time. I would book if I was you. If you then wanted to change the booking you can call 33 1 60 30 40 50 to check to see if there is another time.

I would share an experience I had at one restaurant and this is a useful tip. We went to the Restaurant des Stars just before 1pm, which we had not booked - the restaurant was about 1/4 full only, if that. The waitress asked us if we had a booking and as we did not, she pointed us to a long queue to the side of the restaurant, just inside, and curtly said that if we had no booking we would need to join this queue and it would be a 45 minute wait. It seems they drip feed in people that have not booked.

So I called 33 1 60 30 40 50 and asked if I could book a table for 1pm - no problem, plenty of tables, Sir. So back to the waitress again and I smugly said, oh I have a booking for 1pm, despite not having one 5 minutes earlier! She checked her screen, and there it was. The look on her face was priceless!

This is our first trip to disneyland paris and want to eat at Chez Remy one night. My 60 days is approaching...I'm used to making reservations asap with WDW...is it tough to get in there? should I call at 60 days out? And do I need to call? Can't do it online right?

I would not advise going to Chez Remy. The theming is amazing but thats what you are paying for. Its basically a steakhouse and has a very limited menu. I researched it for my most recent visit in February 2016. For the range of food and what you actually get on your plate in my opinion it is far far over priced. If going to a steak house restaurant is your thing, then I would go instead to the steak house restaurant on Frontierland or in Disney Village.

Disney are really pushing it as a must do restaurant but there are far better places to eat. Walts, Blue Lagoon, Inventions and Californian Grill are the other high end restaurants and much better places to eat than Chez Remy.

Also ADR as PP have said can only be made by phone. If you live in America, call the phone number for Walt Disney World in Florida and ask to be transferred to Disneyland Paris Dining Reservations. If they refuse, just hang up and call back. The CM either does not know that this is possible or does not want to deal with an international transfer. This is how you avoid paying international call charges :)

I would disagree with Tink - Ive eaten twice at Remys and have really enjoyed it on both occasions. The theming is amazing and really well done.
Yes the menu is limited but its always been advertised as a set meal. The salad starter is delicious and very filling, the steak is tender and a decent size.
Look at the menu online and make sure there is something there you like and go ahead and book if you think you want to eat there.

The restaurant is very popular so I would definitely recommend booking although both times we only booked when we arrived in the resort for a couple of days later and managed to get a table

Thanks that we booking our meals aswell, need do some research, i've always done pack lunches but was on my own, dont think it'll work with my 3 year old lol xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!