Dining Question

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by no1disneyfan80, Jun 11, 2013.

1. no1disneyfan80

no1disneyfan80 Earning My Ears

What food is included in the price of the cruise? Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

All meals in the MDRs, and in the buffets. Room service, quick serve locations on the pool deck. Snacks in the lounges.

Only food that has an extra cost is dining in Palo or Remy.

4. Spwhoney

Spwhoney Mouseketeer

EVERYTHING! but Palo, Remy. Its wonderful!:thumbsup2

5. Callymum

Callymum DIS Veteran

Just be aware that bags of snacks, ie nuts,popcorn,chips and bottled water and soda cans are not free during Room Service or at the Bars.

6. cheribelle

cheribelle Mouseketeer

Looking through pictures that many posted, I saw various items like muffins and pastries and I think cookies in display cases in cafes. Are these included? Are those places serving those items all throughout the day?

7. tinkerone

tinkerone DIS Veteran

yes, included, yes throughout the day. they may differ depending on the time of day. it may be muffins and pastries in the a.m. and cheese and meats in the p.m.

8. cheribelle

cheribelle Mouseketeer

Thank you :)

9. jilljill

jilljill <font color=blue>Collects Disney men!<br><font col

If your cruise stops at Castaway Cay the food on the island is also included.

10. MrsB919

MrsB919 Mouseketeer

This is why I'm only bringing nice loose fitting summer dresses. With all that yummy food at my disposal I'll have trouble buckling shorts or pants by the end of the cruise. popcorn::

11. TwinPrincessMermaids

TwinPrincessMermaids DIS Veteran

And you will fit in perfectly! My lil sundresses were easy, stylish and comfy. Ahem. Not the pirate corset of course...

Sam's has the cutest comfy flattering dresses for summer or cover ups of different patterns and lengths. Just got me one for my next cruise! Who says we have to wear shorts. Yuck. I dont look as good in shorts and those bright colored tights are sooo much more comfy for hot weather under the cute dresses... Anyway...

12. KittyKat1978

KittyKat1978 DIS Veteran

Is popcorn only sold at show times?

Is there anywhere to get it for free?

If not, how much is it?

13. jilljill

jilljill <font color=blue>Collects Disney men!<br><font col

Not free. It's about $2.50/bag and it's the type of bag you would buy at the grocery store it's not fresh popped. I've only seen it sold near the Walt Disney theater and Buena Vista theater before the start of shows/movies.

If you are sailing concierge they will give you a bag to take to the theater with you or when you check out a dvd to view in your cabin.

14. MrsB919

MrsB919 Mouseketeer

:lmao: Since I've booked the cruise I've picked up some nice dresses. Woohoo can't wait!

15. oatway

oatway Earning My Ears

I read this to indicate that there is an extra cost to dine in at Palo or Remy, but that to have food from Palo or Remy delivered in-suite would not be an extra - is this correct?

16. PrincessShmoo

Some of the suites have Palo as a perk. As we've never been in that position, I can't answer whether there is a charge for this or not. Even without the charge, I would feel a tip to the room service person would be nice.

On the DCL site, it says that Concierge suites can have in room dining delivered from any of the rotational MDRs, but not anything about Palo, but I'm sure I read it (probably here) that Palo is an option in some rooms.

17. ktb2002

ktb2002 DIS Veteran

Only the 2 Royal Suites can order Palo to be delivered to their room. The 1 BR can have the 3 rotational restaurants delivered.

18. flyersfan1129

flyersfan1129 Mouseketeer

Also, the specialty coffees and smoothies are not included.

19. PrincessShmoo

Sorry, still not clear to me. Royal suites can order Palo, is it included in the cruise fare? Or is there still the $20 charge added to your onboard account?

20. jlemieu1

jlemieu1 DIS Veteran

If you are in the Royal you can order from Palo. At least on my cruise I was charged the $20 per person per dining. I can only talk about the new ships.

Cat. R - Palo(+$20) & MDR
    Cat. T - MDR
    Cat. V - none

21. oatway

oatway Earning My Ears

Perfect, thanks! :)