Dining question

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by mhartel1, Jan 13, 2013.

1. mhartel1

mhartel1 Mouseketeer

This may seem like a dumb question....but can you pay extra to get an adult dining plan for a 9 year old? He is a foodie and would get bored with most of the child menu options.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dreamscometrue101

dreamscometrue101 Mouseketeer

Unfortunately you would have to updgrade his tickts to adult tickets as well in order to upgrade him to an adult on the dining plan.

I wanted to do the same thing for my niece for our upcoming trip but the upgraded costs were beyond my budget.

4. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

The only way to do this would be to literally register the child on the room reservation as being 10 years old. If you are on a package reservation with tickets, this does mean you would need to purchase adult tickets. Some find this OK, because the price hike is not huge on multi-day tickets.

5. Jessica527

Jessica527 Dreaming Disney Every Minute :)

The previous posters are correct. My only recommendation is to review the menus on allears.net with your son. Look at the restaurants you will be at and see what ratio of kids vs. adult meals.

Another idea is to do mostly buffets. He can then get the amount he wants.

Enjoy!

6. mhartel1

mhartel1 Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if I can purchase something and not have it go on the dining plan? It would be some dinning plan and some OOP at the same meal?

7. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

You sure can. Just tell them what you want to pay OOP for and they can break it up for you.

I'd look into the upgrade. The ticket increase is not that much from child to adult.

8. mhartel1

mhartel1 Mouseketeer

I did, it was over $300 I don't think it will cost that much to pay OOP for the few extra meals.