Dining plans based on park hours -- suggestions/critique requested

RedRuby

TDC Barrister & Solicitor to Mr. D. Duck
Hello fellow DISers,
We'll be making a short, 4 night/5 day visit in early December, to celebrate three December birthdays, to commemorate my mom's 65th birthday, and to share in the magic with my Aunt's 6 yo granddaughter (first visit).
There will likely be 7 of us: 2 grandmothers (mid 60s), 2 parents (34 yo), 3 kids (aged 5, 5, and 6).
I was wondering if I might get some feed back on our ADR plans (not booked yet - our window opens July 11). Below I've listed the restaurants we're interested in, the anticipated park hours, and a rough touring plan for each day -- but as I'm putting this in the dining thread, I figure our ADRs will help shape our itinerary.

Also note that the grandmothers and DH are *not* commandos. Not sure of the 6yo. Myself, and my two DDs? We can happily do rope drop to fireworks, though perhaps not every single day, and definitely with the aid of stroller-napping or an afternoon swim/nap break :-)

We are staying at the Contemporary, hence the plan for atleast two meals there.
Anyway, here goes....Thanks in advance!
Anyone want to take a look at the park hours for my trip, and review my tentative plans for meals and touring? I'm only really concerned about what days/times to request for the ADRs; I figure those will pretty much just provide the structure for what parks we do when.

ADRs desired:
1900 Park Fare @ Grand Floridian - dinner - Tues during MVMXP?
Chef Mickey's at Contemporary - dinner - Mon
Coral Reef at Epcot - early dinner?
Concourse Steakhouse - first night dinner? (BW/JW to split)
Spoodles - date night, for BW/JW to split)
Whispering Canyon (during day, for bottomless milkshakes)
CA Grill for Wishes, if can't see from 12th fl Concierge lounge? (could just do dessert/coffee??)

ETA: Will have coupons for two entrees at Planet Hollywood at Downtown Disney. Not sure whether to bother fitting those in...maybe the grandmas will want to go shopping at DTD and will use them?
(With just four days, I had a hard time fitting all of that in. Not sure when Whispering Canyon or Wishes/CA Grill would work in.)

Not attending any MVMXP at MK.

SUN DEC 9

MK 9:00-7:00
EP 9:00-7:00
EPWS11:00-9:30
MGM 9:00-8:00 (**EMH = open to 11pm)
AK 9:00-5:00

Disney Wishes None
MK parade 3:00 PM
Spectromagic NONE

EP Illuminations 9:30 PM

MGM Parade 3:00 PM HHDP
Fantasmic 7:00 PM
AK parade 3:45 PM MJJP

(Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 7pm-12am)
[concept for day: arrive ~11am, check in, CS lunch at CR if no access to concierge lounge. If access, grab snack/drinks at lounge. Grandmothers will need nap/rest. So, BW / JW to take girls either swimming or to parks(MK) Not sure when/where to do early dinner - Concourse? This would allow grandmothers to spend afternoon at resort resting, napping, lounging at pool. Go to MGM after dinner for those who are up for it.]

MON DEC 10
MK 9:00-8:00 (**EMH=to 11pm?)
MGM 9:00-8:00
AK 9:00-5:00(*EMH=opens at 8am)

Disney Wishes 8:00 PM
Spectromagic 7:00 PM

MGM parade 3 PM HHDP

[concept for day:
[EMH at AK, back to CR for lunch/swim/nap. Early dinner at Chef Mickey's, Wishes from Concierge lounge, followed by EMH at MK?]

TUES DEC 11
MK 9:00-7:00
EP 9:00-7:00 (** EMH=opens at 8am)
EPWS 11:00-9:30

Disney Wishes None
Spectromagic NONE

MG parade 3 PM HHDP

(Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 7pm-12am)
[concept for day: Skip early EMH. am at MK. lunch/nap/swim at CR. pm at EP. early dinner at Coral Reef. Grandmothers and kids back to CR by bus. JW/BW have date night at EHM? late snack - split credit? - at Spoodles)
OR do late lunch at Coral Reef at beginning of afternoon. Rest of afternoon at EP, evening same.]

WED DEC 12
MK 9:00-8:00
AK 9:00-5:00 (EMH = open to 8??)

Disney Wishes 8:00 PM
Spectromagic 7:00 PM

MGM parade 3 PM HHDP
[concept for day:
any park in am.. maybe sleep in, go later to MK? late lunch in park. late afternoon - back to CR for nap/swim. Get ready for Princess night -- Dinner with Cinderella and friends at 1900 Park Fare.

THURS DEC 13
MK 9:00-7:00 (**EMH at MK: open at 8am)
EPWS 11:00-9:30
(will leave before for any parades or shows)
[concept for day: some adults take kids to EMH at MK, while others pack. Adults to check out by 11 unless late check-out can be obtained, secure luggage in storage there. Use change rooms for swimming, any leftover CS credits for lunch/snacks? ME bus to pick up at 3pm]

Thanks in advance. ADR date is coming up (July 11) but I'd like to make contact with concierge in advance and ensure they've got my requests correct and in hand before then....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!