Dining Plan with AP and Non-AP

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by tinkerbell_mom, Jun 26, 2013.

1. tinkerbell_mom

tinkerbell_mom Mouseketeer

We will have 3 people in our room with annual passes and one person who does not - if we have a room only reservation, will we be able to add the dining plan to all 4 of our reservations? Hope this makes sense - thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Only 1 person in the room needs to have an AP in order to get the DDP for everyone in the same room. With that said, if you have room only now and want to add the DDP, the room only will have to be cancelled/refunded and a ticketless package (room + DDP) will have to be booked, requiring a new deposit (or payment in full if you are 45 days or less from arrival).

4. bedogged

bedogged <font color=purple>Choose parents that aged well<b

In a word, yes. As I understand it, if you are booked with an AP discount, you can add the dinning plan for everyone in the room, no problem. If you are booked with a room only reservation, you can add dining for everyone...but you must buy at least a one day park ticket for everyone in the room regardless if they have an annual pass or not. If you are adding free dinning to your room only reservation, you have to buy at least a two day park ticket for everyone in the room.

Someone please correct me if I am in error!

5. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

The ticket requirement is correct for FD, but not for paying for the DDP. AP holders can book a ticketless package (room + DDP) without having to buy additional park tickets. FD, on the other hand, would require the minimum purchase of a 2 day base ticket for everyone in the room, regardless of whether or not they have an AP.

6. bedogged

bedogged <font color=purple>Choose parents that aged well<b

Okay, now I am confused! As an AP holder, I know I can book with an AP discount and add dinning WITHOUT buying tickets....but when I book with a NON-AP discount, such as 35% off, and add dinning, I have always been required to purchase one day tickets.

7. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Any promo other than an AP discount would require a ticket purchase in order to get the DDP. If you book with a GP discount, then yes, you would have to purchase tickets in order to get the DDP.