Dining Plan with Alcohol Included?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by NHKristy76, Mar 2, 2013.

1. NHKristy76

NHKristy76 Senior Mousketeer

I was curious if anyone knew if there is a dining plan that includes adult beverages? We are taking our inlaws on a trip and they typically like to have a glass of wine, or two, at dinner. I know we can buy OOP but it made me wonder if there might be a plan that covers it all!

TIA!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

No, there is not. Alcoholic beverages are not included in the Disney dining plans (or the premium/platinum package plans, a different program from the dining plans) with the sole exception of the dinner shows, and at those, it is only the specific included beverages (Bud Light or house wine, plus sangria at Hoop de Doo).

There was a wine and dine DDP add on, where you paid an extra $40 per night for a bottle of wine per day, but it was discontinued last year.

4. MinnieLee

MinnieLee DIS Veteran

No alcohol on the dining plan but TIW does cover 20% alcohol/food.

5. Mike2023

Mike2023 DIS Veteran

Another Vote on the TIW card if you can manage it. (you have to be a Florida resident, AP holder, or DVC member to get it)

If you're going to spend over $500/$625 in a 12 month period then it will save you some cash.

6. ttintagel

ttintagel DIS Veteran

This may or may not be helpful. On my last trip,I had the DDP but didn't want to worry about budgeting for alcohol. So I decided how much I wanted to spend on drinks and bought a Disney gift card at Target before we went.

7. SarahInMN

SarahInMN Drink your wine with a cheerful heart

Here's another vote for TiW. The Dining Plan just doesn't work for my husband and I in terms of how we like to eat (not big snackers, prefer apps to dessert) and we generally have wine or cocktails. For us, the TiW program is huge for us and well worth it's price.

8. chartle

chartle DIS Veteran

Was it at one time, like only a few years ago. The last Planning DVD we saw had a stories of three different families and the "older couple" had the Deluxe DDP with wine. :confused3 Made a big deal about it.

ETA: OK I found out its no longer offered. Looks like 2011 was the last year.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/me...og/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2011WineDine.pdf