Dining Plan question

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Abow75, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Abow75

Abow75 Mouseketeer

Just received our vacation welcome pamphlet today. We will be in Disney April 4-10. We have the dining plan and our three kids as well. My kids' ages at arrival are 12,9, and 3. So it stated in the pamphlet that the 9 year old and 3 year old have the child dining plan and must order from the children's menu. My 9 year old will turn 10 on The 7th. She doesn't want to order from the kids menu. She's a tiny thing, but is a good eater. Should I call and ask them to change, does it effect the cost of the plan? Will it matter?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

You can only age her up for the DDP if you pay the difference for the adult DDP if you have a paid dining plan.

And adult ticket! (I've answered this 3 times now with my editing! Keep forgetting the age categories for tickets and dining!).

4. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

Ticket pricing would only be about $20 more total, but the DDP would be closer to $40 per night.

5. Abow75

Abow75 Mouseketeer

Thank you both! I'll have to check out some of the kids menu options and make a decision. It would be an extra $240 for the trip. But the little things are really beginning to add up!

6. Abow75

Abow75 Mouseketeer

Thanks for your help. Since a few of our TS meals are buffets or a set family style menu(Ohana, Hoop dee doo), where it won't really matter that she has the kids Dining plan, we will leave her being on he kids plan. I can't see paying another $260, and if there is something she is dying to have, we'll just purchase it. Thanks for your help!!