Dining Plan & Mug Question

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by NH Disney Mom, Jun 24, 2014.

1. NH Disney Mom

NH Disney Mom Mouseketeer

OK here is my question.. Sorry if this is long and confusing..
    My family will be at the Contemporary for 3 nights and BCV for 4 nights in August. I am considering adding on the dining plan to the Contemporary stay as that's the part that we purchased our 7 day tickets. Our BCV stay was booked as room only. If I do this will I still be able to use the mug I receive at the Contemporary also at BCV? And correct me if I'm wrong but there is no way to add on the dining plan to the BCV part because its a room only reservation correct? Thanks in advance for all your help :flower3:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. acklizzy

acklizzy Earning My Ears

The dining plan is attached to your room nights, not tickets. So I'm not sure what to do if you already have tickets, I would call and ask. I'm sure they would be accommodating. I booked for the Wilderness Lodge five nights but only four days of tickets and got five nights free dining in late October. In regards to the mug, in theory you can only use it at the resort you got it at, but I've used mine at Sunshine Seasons and other QS in the parks so it all depends on the day and CMs. I hope you have a great time at both!!!

4. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

If you get a mug as part of a dining plan it is automatically set for length of stay (14 days). You'd be able to use it at both. Mugs are allowed to be used at any resort, not just the one you're staying at.

5. chocovrdmicears

chocovrdmicears DIS Veteran

I didn't know that! Thank you for the info. We skipped the Dining Plan in May but bought our mugs. We are definitely getting the DP, in some shape or form, next time.
    And to answer your second question OP - you cannot get the dining plan at BCV because it is a room only reservation. :)

6. gaphano4451

gaphano4451 Earning My Ears

You CAN add dining to a room only ressie, just not free dining.

7. gaphano4451

gaphano4451 Earning My Ears

You CAN add dining to a room only ressie, just not the free dining (requires park tickets). It can only be done over the phone.

8. chocovrdmicears

chocovrdmicears DIS Veteran

If you are renting points, then you are correct. But I believe the owner must call and add it for you.
    If you have a room only that is booked through Disney, then you cannot add the Dining Plan.

:)