dining plan dessert question

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by MichelleB, Aug 10, 2006.

1. MichelleB

MichelleB DIS Veteran

With the dining plan, can you order a side of fruit in place of the dessert? I really don't want my kids having dessert twice in one day.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. fredw

fredw Earning My Ears

At the CS in all of the parks this past May we were able to get fruit as our desert. It was usually a bowl of mixed fruit. grapes, watermelon etc.
    It was really very tasty and refreshing. Hope this helps. :thumbsup2

4. Tam1067

Tam1067 LOVES LOVES LOVES the Poly

We also got fresh fruit at CS spots throughout the parks this July. Captain Cook's (the temporary location at the Poly) also let me do this--I got fresh pineapple a couple of times. In the parks, we got grapes and also mixed fruit, depending on the location.

5. jjatwdw

jjatwdw DIS Veteran

We did this at both cs and ts restaurants.

6. Ashley80

Ashley80 Mouseketeer

Unless its for medical/weight reasons, why don't you give a little exception a couple of times since you guys will be in Disneyworld for vacation? :confused3 Don't they deserve it?? (and YOU too?) :goodvibes

7. MichelleB

MichelleB DIS Veteran

I agree it's vacation and they do deserve it, but once a day is enough. My kids and husband bounce off walls with a little sugar. They'll be flying high all day on one dessert...trust me.

8. jennifer293

jennifer293 <font color=green>SHHHHH , but we live in the stic

Yes you can get fruit, I had to do this many times because I have diabetes. You can also get it as a snack in the food courts.

9. ReneeA

ReneeA DIS Veteran

I can totally understand your concern. Along with the sugar in dessert, there are those that ask why I don't allow my 3&4 year olds Cola on occasion. :sad2: I want to ask them, "Okay, I'll fill them full of both sugar and caffeine and then I will be sending them home with you for the next 24 hours. Bring them back later and let me know what a great idea it was." These would be the same people asking why we can't control our children in public. :lmao:

Yes, we got fruit at quite a few locations last year instead of the dessert. I think it's a common request.