Dining plan breakfast question for kids

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by stef12280, Sep 12, 2013.

1. stef12280

stef12280 Earning My Ears

Hi I am leaving for POR in 16 days and I have a question.
    My kids and I are on the dining plan but my son who is autistic is very picky about what he eats for breakfast.
    He usually eats cereal and a banana for breakfast. Looking at the menu for quick service breakfast its only hot food he will eat it but majority of the time he wants cereal.
    Two years ago they allowed us to get cereal, a small milk and fruit that counted for a quick service breakfast.
    I want to know if this is still the case? If not I guess I should pack a box of Cheerios.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

Cereal with milk does count as a quick service breakfast. I do not know if they still include fruit or not.

4. kiramay

kiramay Mouseketeer

I'd pack Cheerios just in case. :)

5. dskib

dskib DIS Veteran

I always bring Cheerios. My son is just picky. If we don't have a character bfast scheduled, we just save the CS for lunch and he eats Cheerios in the room for bfast.

6. zy144622

zy144622 Mouseketeer

I would bring cereal or buy cereal OOP. Save the CS credit for another meal.

7. AURAVAD

AURAVAD Mouseketeer

We always got cereal & milk as a snack...banana too.

8. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

Awhile back (2011 I think), WDW announced that cereal and milk would be a QS meal, not a snack. No mention of fruit.

9. mom2AidanAndEli

mom2AidanAndEli DIS Veteran

We were in POFQ last month and they let us do a muffin, piece of fruit (apple or banana), and milk as a QS meal. I'm assuming the muffin would equal the little cup of cereal (they're both snacks otherwise!). I don't see that it should be a problem.

But for that little bit, I'd pack the cereal and just pay for the fruit and milk. Unless you're going to have a lot of leftover QS credits, that's just not a good use of them!