Dining Plan and Vegetarians...

megan926

DIS Veteran
So, while I am I scouring for new places to eat while @ Disney (we always go to the same places...)....I have noticed that a lot of TS restaurants that are not buffet do not have a vegetarian option for an entree.

So...if this is the case, are you allowed to substitute an entree with a salad and app? The price comes out cheaper...so I don't see why not. But I am not sure how that would work. We are using the dining plan...so i am wondering if it is allowed or not. If not, I am assuming we'll be heading back to some familiar places!

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

I'm a vegetarian and I've never had a problem eating at any TS restaurant. If there isn't something you like on the menu, talk to your server and explain that you're a vegetarian and would like to speak to the chef about your options. They'll take good care of you. :)

So, while I am I scouring for new places to eat while @ Disney (we always go to the same places...)....I have noticed that a lot of TS restaurants that are not buffet do not have a vegetarian option for an entree.

So...if this is the case, are you allowed to substitute an entree with a salad and app? The price comes out cheaper...so I don't see why not. But I am not sure how that would work. We are using the dining plan...so i am wondering if it is allowed or not. If not, I am assuming we'll be heading back to some familiar places!

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

1) You cannot substitute on the dining plan.
2) What TS restaurants did you find without vegetarian options? I think there may be only one or two, but even they will accommodate you if you tell them in advance. There are lots of great reviews here by vegetarian DISers' experiences at TS restaurants where chef's made special dishes for them.

Thanks for the replies.

You see, I am not only a vegetarian, but I am picky! As in, I do not like mushrooms! Many of the vegetarian options have mushrooms (i.e. portobello sandwich). I *hate* being a pain when I go out...which is why I usually stick with buffets while @ Disney! There are plenty of options there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!