Dining options on the 7 day cruises

We like service to be fast as my husband prefers not to linger over a meal. We let our preference be known and never had a problem getting out in under an hour eating all the courses. I second the recommendation for using the app to look over the menu ahead of time. It is also posted outside the dining room during the day.

The other thing you may want to do is request your own table. If you are seated with others who prefer a different speed of service, it could be more difficult to get finished quickly.
Good call on getting your own table..................we always sit by ourselves, so I didnt think to mention that.

Yes, that can be done. But, generally, only on those nights that the rotational menus are being served. As in, if it's Prince and Princess menu night (same menu in all dining rooms) that item won't be available.

We actually lucked out. My husband (darn his picky palate) really loves French onion soup. The last three nights of our cruise were special menus and upon the head waitstaff finding out it was his favorite, the chef provided him 2 bowls of soup every night for the remainder of the cruise even though it was not being offered on ANY menu. So still, you never know!

We always do second seating. On the European cruises that means 830 instead of 8 which is pretty late. But we have asked servers to move it along and they are happy to accommodate. But we also love the ambiance of the dining rooms and getting to know the servers. So it's a fine balance for us between moving dinner along and enjoying the experience. We have done 17 Disney cruises and have never had dinner anywhere but the MDR or Palo. For us the rotational dining is what makes Disney unique and really fun. And we enjoy cleaning up and dressing nice in the evening.

I really wish Cabana's would change to buffet at dinner. We did the sit down meal there once and you may as well go to your regular MDR - same types of food, same length of time for dinner. I did not really see the benefit. My husband is an extremely picky eater and he gets tired of steak and potatoes every night. On our last cruise we ate at the quick-service place on deck one night but the choices there were very limited. We have second seating and by the time we went to the quick-service place, I think the only thing still open was the burger window (no pizza, fruit, or cold sandwiches).
There is always the room service option which is ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter