dining for 13yr olds?

celiabot

Earning My Ears
as a special gift, i am taking my brother and sister, 13 yr old twins, on a disney cruise, followed by a 3 night stay in orlando. they each get to plan the itinerary for the entire day for one day of our trip. as i am most likely getting park hoppers, what would be fun places for them to eat? i imagine they are a bit old for the character meals, so maybe some other fun/unusaul places?

thanks in advance!

Our girls will be 14 & 15 during our upcoming trip and their requests are Chef Mickey's and Cinderella's Castle Breakfast. Don't rule out the character meals. I think they will have a blast at those. We're surprising them with Hoop De Doo too. If they love disney they will love the character meals. I've read about lots of teens enjoying the character meals.

My 13 y/o DD loves the Garden Grill character meal. She won't go to Chef Mickey's anymore though because of the napkin twirling! She enjoys the castle but not for breakfest. She loves the entertainment in the WS at Epcot. Have a wonderful time with your sibs!

My middle daughter just turned 13 while we were in Orlando - she had her choice of anywhere for her birthday dinner, and she chose the 50's Prime Time Cafe in MGM - lots of fun!!

My girls also like Whispering Canyon Cafe - of course, they didn't participate in the stick horse races, but they did enjoy watching their little sister.

I just asked my 14 1/2 year old for her opinion - she said she's not a typical teen aged girl, she is a tomboy. Then she came back with "Hoop de Doo!" All my kids thoroughly enjoyed this show, both for the entertainment and for the food!!

My 17 year old DS's favorites are: (not in any particular order)

50's Prime Time

Jiko

Cape May Cafe (this is is favorite dinner)

Bongo's

Donalds Restaurantasaurus (favorite breakfast and about the only thing he wants to get up early for at WDW)

Cheesecake Factory in Disney Quest

He also likes one of the fast food items at the American Pavillion in Epcot, I can't recall what it is that he likes though...maybe hotdogs?

Anne

My 13 year old DS likes 50's Prime Time. He also likes Teppanaki at Epcot. In fact, that has become is #1 place to eat at Disney.

thanks everyone! i looked and realized I want to do a character meal myself... didn't know i could see eyeore! ill try to sell them on some of the character meals too!

Just wanted to say what a great gift to your siblings. Before we were married my husband took his four youngest siblings to WDW. So generous of you!

I think a character meal is a fun idea. I think I would only do one though!

My three children at that age had widely varying tastes. I'd show them the menus and let them have fun planning.

I'm taking my 13-year old daugther back to WDW in just two weeks! Here are the restaurants that are must-do's for her -- all of them are fun and a little unusual:

1) 'Ohana at the Polynesian -- fire-grilled food served off of long skewers

2) Coral Reef Restaurant at Epcot -- great view of the reef tank, less pricey at lunch.

3) Teppanyaki at Epcot-- good food and fun entertainment watching the chef prepare the meal

She also loves Hoop Dee Doo, but we couldn't fit it in this trip.

Other PS we have are for Mama Melrose's, Le Cellier, and Artist Point because we're staying at the WL. We'll probably have a breakfast at Whispering Canyon too because it sounds like fun!

Unfortunatley DD nixed any character meals for this trip (she thinks she's too mature - lol!). But there's always next year when we are taking the younger neices and nephews! :)

Have fun with your siblings, celiabot! :cool:

I would still do one character meal. My vote would be breakfastsarus. It is my DS's favorite and somehow has a more grown up feel to it.

Other good choices:

50's prime time

Sci-fi drive in

Ohanna's

CRT for lunch or dinner

And one really nice place that has a grown up feel. My DS wants to do Callifornia Grill this trip and that might be a good choice for your two also.

Really, WDW makes almost any resturant fun for all ages!

Jordan's mom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter