Dining Dilemma. Which would you choose?

If spilting up us not an option. I would keep the reservation. Your daughter is only 4 once. You can't turn back the clock.

Best of luck in whatever you decide to do

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thank you all for your input. I hate being so torn. And I hate that my DH thinks that Beirgarten would be more fun. Grrrr

The other input is that we are moving to Japan in December. Now, they may have Princess meals at Tokyo Disney, but we won't be back to WDW until she is at least 8.

Thank you all for your input. I hate being so torn. And I hate that my DH thinks that Beirgarten would be more fun. Grrrr

The other input is that we are moving to Japan in December. Now, they may have Princess meals at Tokyo Disney, but we won't be back to WDW until she is at least 8.

Your DH is right. Biergarten WOULD be more fun - for HIM. And for the boys. There is nothing wrong with not eating every single meal with the other family There is also nothing wrong with not eating every single meal with your own family. DH and the boys and your friends go to Biergarten. You and DD go to Akershus and let her be enthralled with the wall-to-wall princesses. Her perspective at 8+ years old is going to be wildly different than it is at age 4. It's great that your friends were able to get an ADR there later in their trip, but prior posters are right that they should not pressure you to make your DD forego an experience that is important enough to them that they are making sure their DDs get. I'm sure you're trying to avoid conflict with your DH and to make this a magical family trip, but your DD needs you to stand up for her on this one.

Quin said:
Your DH is right. Biergarten WOULD be more fun - for HIM. And for the boys. There is nothing wrong with not eating every single meal with the other family There is also nothing wrong with not eating every single meal with your own family. DH and the boys and your friends go to Biergarten. You and DD go to Akershus and let her be enthralled with the wall-to-wall princesses. Her perspective at 8+ years old is going to be wildly different than it is at age 4. It's great that your friends were able to get an ADR there later in their trip, but prior posters are right that they should not pressure you to make your DD forego an experience that is important enough to them that they are making sure their DDs get. I'm sure you're trying to avoid conflict with your DH and to make this a magical family trip, but your DD needs you to stand up for her on this one.

Well said!

. Her perspective at 8+ years old is going to be wildly different than it is at age 4.

Very true! At age 4 DD wore a princess dress nearly every day singing all the songs from the movies. At age 4 she happily waited in line for an hour to see the Faries. And boy did her face light up when she saw them. Now, at age 9, its a very different story... "Ah, the princesses are OK." That little girl princess phase only lasts for but a moment.

I would argue (having been on holidays with close family / friends) that one meal apart isn't going to make that much difference, in fact it might be a blessing...
We found that the Princesses were more than happy to make a fuss of our "handsome prince" as well as our beautiful princesses.
I'm sure that DD will have to make some scrifices for her big brothers over the course of the trip so I'm sure they can be persuaded to compromise on this ADR.
Good luck!

If you are eating all your other meals w/ your friends, I wouldn't hesitate to set aside one evening where it was just my family.

Just from my own personal experience, I think, whenever you're sharing your vacation w/ others outside of your immediate family, it's really nice to have some downtown w/ just your family.

Also, if your DH & boys really don't want to eat at Akershus & would rather eat at Biergarten, I'd send them to Biergarten & eat at Akershus w/ my DD - if my DH was okay w/ us splitting up.

My DD is 12 years old now - trust me, that princess stage doesn't last long at all! Enjoy this time while you can! Every little princess needs a special meal w/ the princesses!

1900 for breakfast isn't princess at all.

:thumbsup2

Your friend can always show up and see if they'll take her family in around the same time as yours.

If you really think that your sons won't like it, why not let DH take the boys off to Biergarten and ask your friend (and her daughter?) to join you and your daughter at Ankershus?

i have a different solution, u and dd have a girly day and do akerhaus (he did bfast and loved it!!) and the hubby and oys could go some where "manly" espn...marakesh/mexican...
we did this last few trips, and it means quality time for everyone.... but dont cancel ur daughters meal...

You have all convinced me! We are keeping our Akershus reservation. Why should my DD miss out? And...her Daddy and brothers will be there as well. I figure she has spent countless hours at swim meets, soccer games, footballs games, practices and school functions. They can manage to give her an hour and a half with the princesses. :thumbsup2

I think the kicker really was that the our friends weren't willing to split up since they had Akershus later in the week and didn't want to miss it. Heck, neither do we!

Thanks again!

You have all convinced me! We are keeping our Akershus reservation. Why should my DD miss out? And...her Daddy and brothers will be there as well. I figure she has spent countless hours at swim meets, soccer games, footballs games, practices and school functions. They can manage to give her an hour and a half with the princesses. :thumbsup2

I think the kicker really was that the our friends weren't willing to split up since they had Akershus later in the week and didn't want to miss it. Heck, neither do we!

Thanks again!

Enjoy it! You won't regret your decision!

Mickey Fliers said:

So happy for you! Enjoy!!!!!!

Mickey Fliers said:

Enjoy!! :). With moving a definite must do. :).

Agree

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm so glad you decided to keep it!!!!!!

We are going to Disney at this age precisely b/c of the Princess phase, which will end by the time DD is old enough to ride all the ride and 'keep up' as my DH continues to mention.

And it would be fun to see pics of those teenage boys being adored by the princesses too. :rotfl:

So glad you kept it! Your boys can all suck it up for your little princess for one meal :) p.s. my frugal DH loved the free photo print pkg we got here!

As for your friends..your trip is not until November...if you or she stalks ressies...you'll likely be able to get a ressie for all of you for the date you want. Ppl cancel all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!