We currently have ressies for the begining of December, 2008 at Poly for our immediate family of three plus my parents. Unfortunately, my Dad just had a stroke last week, and is hospitalized. He has right side weakness and aphasia. We are looking at a lot of time in rehab for both speech and mobility issues. Obviously, at this stage of the game, we have no idea what his recovery will be like. We are optomistic at this point that we will all still be able travel to WDW in c. 11 months (he has been so looking forward to visiting with his DGS!)... but have no way of gaging in advance just how mobile Dad will be at that time. I'm planning to--at the very least--have a folding wheelchair with us, so Dad does not wear himself out by trying to keep up with all of the walking. But we really don't know if he will be walking at all, or entirely wheelchair dependent. And more importantly, we don't know if he will need the roll in shower &/or grip bars at the resort--which would mean altering our current reservation and reserving that specific room category (if he does need them). Anyone with experience that could give me some advice on how far in advance we need to make that decision (regarding changing the ressie to reflect Dad's resort room needs)? Do the 'wheelchair accessible' rooms at the Poly book up especially fast, or are we potentially ok to wait a month or two more... in order to better evaluate how things are progressing? Or would it be smart to just contact my TA and have her change the ressies now--then change it back if Dad's recovery ends up going well, and we find that we won't need the special accomidations at the resort after all? Just a lot to try and figure out at this stage. Trying to help my Mom to cope with all that is going on, trying to be an advocate for Dad at the hospital (insuring he is comfortable, informed and getting the appropriate rehab when he is ready)... and still trying to keep up with our family's WDW trip arrangements.