Digital Scrapping ~ Where to Start?

Hi Everyone,

Wow - I saw that one of my students had heard about the HP course from this message board, so (BEING THE MASSIVE DISNEY LOVER) that I am, I had to come and check it out (so yes this is my first post here), and Yes I am the instructor of the FREE Getting Started with Digi-scrapping" course that is currently being offered (for this session) until the 13th January.

Thankyou SO MUCH for your kind words and recommendations to the course, I really hope that y'all get something out of it (for those that don't know, I have written the 6 lesson course in (non-techno terms :teeth: ) and have used PSE (photoshop elements) for the step by steps and the screen shots, however the overall of the course is to encourage everyone to get to know their own chosen program, and while terminology and screen shots will all be a little different) regardless of which program you are using you should be able to follow along.. :earsboy:

Well I must dash now and see what layouts have been getting uploaded for me to look at..

Have a GREAT day folks
Kind regards
Tracy

Hi Tracey! Glad you tracked us down - you should stick around I think you'd like this board :0)

Hey Tracy! Thanks so much for the wonderful class and for helping me realize the potential of Photoshop 7. I am really loving it! You are a great teacher.

Glad to meet the instructor :-). I do have to admit I've only finished lesson one. My kids have been home on school break so I haven't had as much time as I'd like. I did end up buying two programs. Microsoft Digital Image Suite Plus, which I'm having a blas with and Art Explosions Scrapbook Factory Deluxe, which is pretty cool as well. I haven't played with that one as much. Right now I"m working on two movie projects so I've been doing a lot of scanning pictures for that.

I do have a question for ya'll. What do you do with your "pages" Do you burn a CD with scrapbook themes, make movies ~ anything? I'd love to get some ideas.

I signed up too but haven't even had a chance to do it! I hope it gets reoffered! I have no clue as to how to use Photoshop Elements....

For the HP classes, it is also set up for printing out, there is a link to a single page printable version at the top, but it is 58 pages, I saved a copy to word, as I know I will not get through all the lessons before the end date. Tracey, I did the first lesson and it has taken the fear of digital away, Thank you!

Penny

mommie2angels said:
Hey Tracy! Thanks so much for the wonderful class and for helping me realize the potential of Photoshop 7. I am really loving it! You are a great teacher.

OK, I went to that link and can't figure out what class everyone is talking about? Your posts were back in December - is it just not there anymore or am I missing it? I've got Photoshop 7.0 and have done one project (like a scrapbook but it was actually a cookbook). It turned out OK but I was so frustrated and stressed out by it, I just really did not enjoy it at all. I haven't looked at it in quite a while. It just seems like so many people love digital scrapbooking and I feel like I must be missing something. If I didn't just about get hives when I open up PS, maybe I could do it.

Hi! Don't know if this belongs in this thread, but has anyone done digital collage layouts for framing? I'm having a hard time finding collage frames I like to put together photos for our bridal party from our wedding. I won't be getting my mat cutter set until the county fair this fall, but don't want to wait that long to give out the photos. I was thinking floating frames, but with the discussion of digital scrapping, and the awesome layouts posted here, I might do an 8x10 digital collage layout and frame it...

Just wondering if anyone has done that! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter