digital photo editor...?

cryssi

<font color=blue>Kabocha<br><font color=green>Look
Hi everyone,

The other day, my co-worker was telling me about a program that can focus digital photos that are "not-so-clear"...

I can't imagine that there is such a program out there (that's not incredibly expensive), but I have been known to be wrong. :)

Has anyone heard of such a thing? I have many wedding photos (non-pro) that would be fabulous if they could just be focused a bit (better than just sharpening them in Photoshop).

Thanks a bunch in advance! :)

c

I don't know of anything much better than sharpen in photoshop... how would the computer know what someone's face looked like to put in those missing details?

That's exactly what I thought, but he said that the information already exists in the image since it is a digital file.

???

I would ask the co-worker what the program is,,I agree with the previous poster, I don't know of anything that would sharpen a picture any better than photoshop or PAint Shop Pro,
paint shop pro X has highpass sharpen which does a better job than the old sharpen tool, but that's all I'd be aware of..

ok, I may have been mistaken about the focusing... I think he meant zooming in without loss of quality. At any rate, it's an Apple application, and here's the link:

http://www.apple.com/aperture/gallery/

(doesn't help non-mac users like me, but oh well!) LOL

check it out...

c

OK, that's a whole different story...if you want to enlarge pics without quality loss, there is a program called Genuine Fractals, it is a plug in for photo shop, you can supposedly make very large size pics without loss of quality..

thanks, I'll have to check that out.

apparently he thought that it focused as well (so I'm not crazy...well...)

cryssi said:
thanks, I'll have to check that out.

apparently he thought that it focused as well (so I'm not crazy...well...)

I was playing around today with some out of focus pictures, using Paint Shop Pro X..the Highpass sharpen cleaned some of them up fairly well, still not crystal clear, but much better than they were...

If you are trying to enlarge a photo it is better to do it in steps rather than going from small to large. You get better results that way.

safetymom said:
If you are trying to enlarge a photo it is better to do it in steps rather than going from small to large. You get better results that way.

I have read that too, somehow it said that Photoshop does a better job if you keep increasing the size by 10% until you reach your desired size. Don't know if it makes a huge difference or not, but when I try to enlarge something a lot I keep resizing it to 110% multiple times. :smooth:

There actually is a program that claims to use special algorithms to try to refocus an out of focus photo.

http://www.focusmagic.com/

It's kind of interesting but I'm not sure how well it works. There's a demo to try.

wow! I'll have to check that out...thanks!

Photoshop is good but I prefer JASC paint Shop Pro 9.0. Corel Photo Paint 12 is also good. . .

Dznefreek said:
Photoshop is good but I prefer JASC paint Shop Pro 9.0. Corel Photo Paint 12 is also good. . .

I just got Paint SHop PRo X, it's awesome there are new features and it's 50% faster...

there is a makeover tool, with one click you can whiten teeth,,,get rid of blemishes...brush on a suntan, you might want to check it out....

it's Corel now since they bought out Jasc...

I almost bought it last weekend on the Corel website, then discovered that Amazon.com had it for 30 dollars less, plus a 40 dollar rebate...

you can download it for free and use it for 30 days, to try it out...

I just downloaded it but have not used it yet. It looks baically the same just a few new interfaces and menus.

Dznefreek said:
I just downloaded it but have not used it yet. It looks baically the same just a few new interfaces and menus.

the makeover tools are impressive...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter