Digital Cameras Again !!

UKSHAMU

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone ! :) :)

I know this topic has been covered in depth before, but because of the demise of UKDIS the posts have disappeared. We are thinking about getting a Digital camera (Fuji 2600) which, from what I can remember quite a few members have. Is everyone pleased with it ? and also I have been told that you loose some quality with a "digital zoom" is this true ?

Any other comments, links would be much appreciated.

Have a good one !

/John

YES forget digital zoom if your looking for photo quality, for the web or vdu viewing its ok ish.
I guess since my long lost posts "live fromFat Towers" back in Jan several folks here have got the 2600z.
I think its a great MID range camera, photo when sent to a printer look like 35mm, and I,ve done hundreds of A4 blowups that look great, the software with it pretty cool as well for mulitple prints and slide shows etc.

Get some extra rechargeable batterys and a 128meg card.

Very pleased with mine, we've printed some test photos from holiday with our old Epson Stylus 740, onto Kodak paper (bought in Walmart!!) and can't tell the difference (on 6x4) between 720 and 1440dpi on both "soft gloss" and "high gloss" "Picture Paper".

The batteries last ages, so one extra set is enough, make sure they're the right rechargeables though!! The charger that comes with the camera works fine in the US.

Only complaint is that DH finds it a bit small and fiddly!!

Couple of links:

http://www.ukdigital.co.uk/
http://www.internetcamerasdirect.co.uk/

I bought mine from UK digital, no problems with service and good prices on 2x64mB smartmedia. Other DISers have used the other site, I'm sure someone will be along to add more "known and tested" sites to the list!!

Don't forget to check Amazon, Boots as well as Dixons, they were definitely more when I was looking but you never know!!

I'm more than pleased with mine, easy to use and small enough to carry round with you. I've had great results with printing out photos - hpdeskjet 940c- i didn't have any photo paper left the other day so printed a couple of photos onto good quality injet paper, put them in frames and no-0ne could tell they weren't photos.

I'm really pleased with mine too and everyone thinks the prints look great - and so far I have only used top quality inkjet paper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter