Different route from the North

I have tried the 84/81/77/26 route from NY,PA,WV,VA,NC,SC and came back to I-95 all the way down and back. Although its nicer scenery and traffic seems lighter, that route puts you into some very mountainous country.

Like it or not I-95 being as close as you can come to a straight line is still the shortest distance between two points. So if time is an issue, I still take my chances and go I-95. Sometimes I lose and get stuck in horrific traffic tieups but more often we breeze right on through as long as we time things to get past Del/Mar/Va before or after rush hour.

I have tried the 84/81/77/26 route from NY,PA,WV,VA,NC,SC and came back to I-95 all the way down and back. Although its nicer scenery and traffic seems lighter, that route puts you into some very mountainous country.

Like it or not I-95 being as close as you can come to a straight line is still the shortest distance between two points. So if time is an issue, I still take my chances and go I-95. Sometimes I lose and get stuck in horrific traffic tieups but more often we breeze right on through as long as we time things to get past Del/Mar/Va before or after rush hour.

Yes, I agree with you it is mountainous country and it will add time to the trip. Fortunately our truck will be able to handle it. For the most part we leave RI about 11 pm and if we can make it to Quantico VA before 9 a.m. we are doing pretty good with traffic. I always feel better when we hit 295 in VA it's just not as hectic from that point south. For me and my husband, even though it will be a bit longer the other way, I'm all for it. Any extra money we would have to pay for gas will equal out with the tolls we don't have to pay. So for me, I'm gonna take the road less traveled and enjoy the whole trip :cloud9:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter