Different ideas for leftover ham?

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by Maggie Lizer, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Maggie Lizer

Maggie Lizer DIS Veteran

I am glad to see a cooking forum here - I love trying new things!

Anyway, we had a boneless ham for dinner on Thursday, and I made delish Croque Moinsure (sp?) on Friday, and was looking for a new idea for the rest of the leftovers for tonight or tomorrow. I've thought about omelettes or a fritatta, or maybe a bean soup, but if anyone has something different, I'd love to hear it!

TIA!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. greeneeyes

greeneeyes Mouseketeer

I love scalloped potatoes & ham! You can also make chicken cordon bleu and use some of your ham. You can also freeze some and use at a later time, no need to eat it all right away. I made a small ham yesterday and have just enough for some sandwiches. :cool1:

4. disynut

disynut DIS Veteran

Ham and cheese sliders...

5. Maggie Lizer

Maggie Lizer DIS Veteran

Ooh, I like the idea of cordon bleu. I have some thin-cut chicken breast and some swiss or havarti that would go well.

6. ccgirl

ccgirl DIS Veteran

I love putting leftover ham and peas in homemade baked macaroni and cheese...yummy!!!!

7. MazdaUK

MazdaUK <font color=green>Curse this time difference!<br><

I was just going to suggest the same thing :goodvibes I often add sweetcorn, cooked onion/mushrooms or whatever is to hand - DH's favourite way to eat ham:goodvibes

8. rlovew

rlovew Moderator Moderator

I use it to make ham roll ups- You chop up the ham into small pieces and add a vegetable (some of us like broccoli and some like mushrooms also in small pieces) and add some shredded cheese (I use cheddar but any type you would like). Using a bought cresent rolll dough add a heaping spoonful of the mixture into the center and then bring ends in to close a bit. Bake at temp required by the cresents. I normally do about 2-3 for DH and I my brother who loves them normally wants 6-8.

Rebecca

9. donaldduck352

donaldduck352 <font color=red><marquee>Proud Redhead</marquee><b

A big pot of potatoe and ham soup,YUMMY.Great on cold days also!!:thumbsup2

10. dgbg100106

dgbg100106 Missing the Tag Fiary

I second this...:woohoo: