Difference between September and October

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by karentan, Sep 27, 2012.

1. karentan

karentan <font color=green>my main job for tomorrow is to g

Trying to figure out when to go next year, we normally go second and third week of september, but are thinking of pushing back a couple of weeks so we can go to the food and wine festival.
    Is there a lot of difference between September and October in terms of crowds and weather?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. wen-tom

wen-tom spit spot!

we have only been in october once so might not have been an 'average' october but it rained.. a LOT :(
    The weather.. I don't think there was a massive difference. It was maybe a little less humid but not much.

We also had the worst case of love bugs i have ever seen :( They were so bad that our balcony at AKL was deep in dead bugs and they swarmed the buses when they pulled into the resort. they were awful :rotfl2:

Still F&W at Epcot was great and I would like to do it again some time. We stuffed our faces :rotfl2:

4. 2Tiggies

2Tiggies <font color=blue>I am subscribing to this thread j

In 2010 and 2011 we found October a LOT less humid than September even though the temps were similar. Usually you get more rain in September and very little in October. We left before the rain started last year around the 9th or so, but hadn't seen a drop of rain until our departure day and our previous year's October trip was totally rain free.

This year we had to go a month earlier and have just come back. It rained a LOT, but I didn't find it nearly as hot as last year.

Crowd levels: We have always noticed an increase in crowds from the first week of October. That said, with the longer park hours in October, I doubt I would ever do September again if October is an option. And the Food and Wine Festival is an added bonus (we missed it by a week or so this year).

The parks were dead quiet this year, with the exception of MK on non party days once the parties started on the 11th. But it's always like that when there are limited days for guests with non hopper tickets to choose their MK day so we expected that - been there, done it all before.

Given the choice, I'd go October if possible. YOu can't tell what the weather is going to do based on what it did the year before. The weather patterns seem to be more and more unstable the last few years so don't use the weather as the primary reason for your time of year to visit.

5. Mr Stoat

Mr Stoat Mouseketeer

Been last week in Sept running into first week Oct, hot 32 every day with 80-90% humidity, thunderstorms in the afternoon but that was late for that kind of weather. Watch out for Columbus Day, check your visit does not fall on it, very busy holiday weekend and a lot of people stay on for the full week after.

6. queendisney

queendisney DIS Veteran

much prefer Oct over sept..

We have just come back and unlike 2tiggies above I found the parks really really full. For some reason the resorts were at capacity for a lot of the time where as they are normally only 50-60%. The cast memebers were saying they had no idea why it was so busy and it had taken them by surprise! I found it far too humid which adds 10 degrees on to the tempreture which was alway in the upper 80's to early 90's, so on some days it felt like it was pushing 100 degrees. It rained nearly every day, most of the time it was the normal tropical weather ie arrived, poured down and went quickly but other days its stayed all afternoon.

When we went in the October it was perfect weather, no rain and no humidity. We go in November 90% of the time and this is even better for us.

I did notice the lovebugs but they weren't too bad really in September and we didn't get them at all in the October or Novemeber.:)

7. UKDEB

UKDEB <font color=CC33FF>Found the Tag Fairy's hangout<b Moderator

I agree with all the observations already made, but I'm confused by your question. The IF&WF is always on throughout October. This year is runs from 28th September until 12th November.

8. orangetiggs

orangetiggs Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

We have been beg of sept and end of oct and i dont mind either time to be honest

Last year last two weeks of oct we found thw weather chilly in the mornings but loved the festival at epcot

This year we are going 1st two weeks of nov to catch some xmas bits

9. madmumof2

madmumof2 DIS Veteran

The F+W festival is on during the second and third week of october...

Did you mean you usually got the 2nd/3rd week of September?

10. karentan

karentan <font color=green>my main job for tomorrow is to g

Oops, sorry, did mean September, still jet lagged from last week and looks like I also lost the ability to type!
    We got married in WDW in November so ideally would love to go back then, but I can't get time off work November to January, so it's been September the past few trips. But last two years we've missed the F&W fest by three or four days. So thinking of pushing the dates back a couple of weeks so we can eat our way round world showcase!

11. Mr Stoat

Mr Stoat Mouseketeer

Remember, if you are on a DDP then you can use your snack credits at the Food and Wine.

12. madmumof2

madmumof2 DIS Veteran

Definitely October! The best month all round :D