Difference bet. 1BR and Studio?

hunnypotmama

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I was reviewing the point values for a 1BR vs. Studio, and a 1BR is nearly twice the points of a studio...I understand the 1BR has more room, and a washer and dryer, but it still sleeps 4, same as a studio...does 1BR have some other advantage?

hunnypotmama

It has more room......and the jaqcuzzi.......and more room.......and a washer and dryer........and more room........and a full kitchen.......oh yea, I think it has more room too!!!

A 1 bedroom has a king bed in the master & a queen sleeper in the living room. A studio has a queen bed & double sleeper. The bathroom in a 1 bedroom is huge with a walk-in shower and separate tub (jacquzzi). A studio has a regular bathroom, with combo shower/tub. A 1 bedroom has 2 TV's (one in the living room & one in the bedroom), a VCR or DVD in the living room. A studio feels like a hotel room, a 1 bedroom is like an apartment (I wouldn't mind living there!). :)

It has a full kitchen, washer and dryer and way more room.

A 1Br also has Privacy. The beds are indifferent rooms and each has thier own TV. This is imparative when the 7 year old wakes up at 7AM and mom and dad want to sleep late.

Astudio is essentially like a hotel room, with the addition of a "kitchenette" with a small(dorm size)fridge, a coffemaker, a microwave, and a toaster. A 1BR is like a 1 BR condo, with a fully equipped kitchen,all the cookware/servingware,dishwasher,stove,microwave,coffemaker,
toaster etc, a livingroom with a couch(queen size sleeper),loveseat,easy cahir, a dining table, a MBR with a king size bed, jacuzzi tub,walk-in shower,washer/dryer. For a longer trip, the convenience of having a washer/dryer in the room can't be beat! You can pack less, and do a quick load of wash in the evening while you're hanging out. There is no comparison to the way you can live in a studio vs. a 1BR. The 1BR is far superior, but, if you are not a person who stays in the room a lot, a studio certainly isn't too shabby either! With the addition of the kitchenette, it still gives you more than a regualr hotel room would.

In general, if we are going to be there for 5 or more days, we'll do a 1BR. If we're going to be there for less than that, we'll do a studio.

. A studio has a queen bed & double sleeper.

The studios at OKW have two queen beds.

I agree with the description of a studio being comparable to a deluxe hotel room with the benefit of the kitchenette. The one-bedrooms and above are like living in a house/apartment. It all depends how much creature comfort you desire in a trip.

At BWV and VWL, at least, the 1BR has twice the space of a studio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter