Did you get the F&W fest dinners you wanted?

Hmmm, I was also told no waitlists. Was anyone else able to get on a waitlist?
I may call back just to check and make sure, it would sure be easier than calling every week to see if there has been a cancellation.
Sounds like overall people at least got some of the events they wanted, so all is good. I'm happy with the ones I have, but I'll still keep trying to get the Lunch n' Learn.
Have a great Day!

We are very angry and disappointed....

I, like a lot of you, researched and mapped out the events we wanted to attend. The signature and Reserve dinners were at the top of our list.

I started dialing at 6:58 AM..got put on hold around 7:01. I dialed the FEST number as instructed. Around 7:15 I got some DITZ of a CM who didn't have a CLUE about what I was talking about. She put me on hold for 5 minutes and told me to call the FEST number. I told her that's what I called and had selected 1 for party of the senses. She said she couldn't help and I had to call that number. So I did as instructed, put on hold again for 20 minutes..finally got a young man who helped me with party of the senses and then tried to connect me to group sales (who knew!)..15 minutes later he connected me through only to be told all dinners, lunches etc. that we wanted we totally sold out. I had stayed home from work Thursday morning to make the call. I was walking around the house fuming mad. That first ditz cost us the ability to get the reservations we wanted.

I've written a letter to Disney expressing our disappointment concerning their lack of training for their CM's and their inability to handle the volume of calls flooding in that morning. Very disappointed that their premier events were totally sold out in under a hour for an event that runs an entire month. I'm anxious to hear how they will respond. I hope it isn't the typical "we're sorry, try again" crap.

We understnad there are numerous other things to attend, but the dinners were the reason behind our food and wine trip. I'm seriously considering dumping disney and booking a cruise.

Disney makes everything so difficult..we always have to dig and dig to finally get the right information about how to reserve events etc. Have to deal with CM's who aren't properly trained, run up phone bills etc. We were also told there were NO wait lists this year.

We did get reservations to party of the senses. We enjoyed this event 2 years ago, but it can't compare to a reserve or signature dinner..just different experiences.

I'm not sure what the answer is, but they need to rethink how they set up this reservation system so that it is fair to everyone trying to make reservations. We're on the east coast..I can only image how many folks in other time zones are disappointed!

Glad for those of you who got what you wanted. They are great events.

Peggy Sue

I think that calling 30 days out from the event day like you have to for CRT is a good idea. Selling out every event for a whole month w/in the 1st hour is not good planning. Or maybe they just don't care?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter