Did you get the F&W fest dinners you wanted?

Luis:

I can't speak for anyone else, but this was to be a special trip we were going to sneak in so we could attend the Signature dinner. I have been at the F&W Festival twice before and ate at the little booths and did a couple of the wine seminars. Honestly, I don't particularly like the little booths ... too little food/wine/beer for too much money. The wine seminars were OK, but I didn't like planning my day around one. I missed more than one of them becuase we ended up in a different park or didn't get back in time. {{shrug}} I don't think I would enjoy the F&W Festival without looking forward the dinner ... I guess I'm a "the glass is half-empty" kind of gal on this one.

Luckily, this is not a "trip of a lifetime" for us, nor was it the only trip planned for this year. It was just a long weekend add-on trip before our APs expire.

lrodk, You are absolutely right! There is so much to do at the Wine and Food Fest that I would never cancel because I couldn't get a dinner, there's so much to enjoy and do in addition to the special dinner's.
I was a little frustrated at not getting the Lunch n Learn, but mainly because I had called early enough and got right through, but since they weren't booking all the events at the same tel. number it ended up taking an hour to get hooked up for the rest of the ressies.
But I knew I might not get all the events I wanted, so I'm happy with the ones I did get. I love Party for the Senses and feel that the Wine Pairings are the 'best buy' there is.
I just wish the next few months would pass quicker!!!:D

We will be there Oct 10-20th. Are any of these events (other than the booths at Epcot) happening between those dates? Even if they are sold out, I'm interested in a little backround info on the Food events (not the wine), and the cost of them. Thanks!

Overall. I guess I made out. I didn't up calling until 10 EDT. I called the special festival number but pressed one for Party for the senses. When I realized I was going to regular WDW Dining, I hung up and dialed again. Not on hold for too long. Booked a Lunch and Learn at Jikos, thought about the Food and Wine Pairing at Marrakesh for 10/27 (CM was so funny, I said that maybe I'd check with DH and call back, and she said "I wouldn't wait more than 5-10...MINUTES! (LOL!) Anyway, did the Party for the Senses then said, go ahead and give me the food and wine pairing, I can alwayws cancel later. I did ask about the Signature and Reserve Dinners and she said they were all gone.

My biggest Glitch was that for 10/24 the PFTS is on Friday, not Saturday! We weren't planning to arrive until Friday evening! Thanks goodness for SWA and and Ticketless exchange. Guess DD will miss another day of school! That great rate I had on the car rental will probably have to be cancelled though.

So how long do you think it will be before we see some of the dinners on ebay?

I have to agree with Irodk...we have been to the F&W fest many years and have never done any of the extra special/pay as you go dinners. This is the first year.

Although, there are so many things to take party in...we were always very busy. The beer seminars, wine seminars...cooking seminars...last year Bobby Flay did one of the free seminars...the day before we arrived of course..lol.

I wouldn't cancel my plans just because I didn't get a special dinner...eating my way around the world at F&W fest is just too much fun.

Hope you all decide to join us!

I have been at the F&W Festival twice before and ate at the little booths and did a couple of the wine seminars.

Honestly, I don't particularly like the little booths ... too little food/wine/beer for too much money. [/B]

Gee............I thought the amount of gourmet food you recieved for $2 or $3 was a great deal! I loved sampling all different foods from all countries,and only had one or 2 that either DH or I didn't like-we shared most of the samplings and probably spent $30 each,which is what a good sit down meal at WDW would cost anyway.:)

To all,

Try the Party for the Senses if you can. We went last year and enjoyed it a lot! The food was delicious, as was the wine (although I am not a wine afficianado (don't even know how to spell it)). If one is available during your stay, GO!!!

Let me say that I absolutely agree with all of you in that there are a ton of other wonderful activities/events around the F&W Fest other than the special dinners. The Party for the Senses and the Culinary Demonstrations in particular were fantastic last year (not to mention the Sam Adams Beer Seminar -- free beer=very happy Brad!!).

From our personal perspective, however, it was the special dinners that absolutely made our trip last year. We are both something of amateur chefs, and experiencing the unique flavor combinations and the train of thought used for the individual pairings made the entire trip something even more special. The fact that I messed up and therefore couldn't book any of the dinners for this year is so disappointing to me that I'm not sure I could even enjoy myself.

As a counter point, I was still able to book two F&W Pairings, one Party OTS and one Beer & Food Pairing. So who knows, we may still end up going. I won't jump to any rash decisions, and hopefully my disappointment will fade...

If not, maybe I'll finally have to take that trip to Hawaii I've always wanted... ;)

Oh, and congrats to all those who did get what they wanted and PLEASE post reports (with menus!) when you get back!!!

Brad

Last night I was getting everything together so I was ready this morning, I noticed Deb's site had the DINE number, and Steve Soars site had the FEST number. So, I called last night to confirm FEST was the number.

I remember in years past, Disney would say use the DINE number and the CMs would have to transfer you to Group sales.

Even with all that preparation (pressing 2 before they even say it) it still didn't help.Started calling with three phones before 7:00.(can't wait to see my phone bill:( ) Got put on hold for about 30 minutes. Signature dinners were gone, but got a Party and a tasting at the coral reef.

So, Brad Don't feel too bad. Even if you had the right number it may not have mattered.

Anyway Brad,
(if they had a crying smilie, that would be right here)
crying.gif

Did anyone get the tasting at Le Cellier? The Disney site shows it only having 3 courses while the tasting at the Coral Reef had 4 courses. They were both $35. Is that the same information the CMs gave you?

Anyway, I will be calling and hoping for cancellations.

Ed

I got a Party for the Senses and a Food and Wine Pairing. I had also wanted a Lunch and Lear at Spoodles, but they were sold out.

I called at 7am and was on hold for approximately 25 minutes, and then my phone disconnected! I had to start getting ready for work, so I didn't call back until 8am. I was on hold until I had to leave the house. As I was driving to work, my cell phone rang. DH knew I wasn't able to get through this AM, so he called, and got the Party and the Food and Wine Pairings. I will continue to check on Lunch and Learn cancellations!

I got a Tasting at Le Cellier, but I didn't ask if it was 3 or 4 courses. I was so pleased with the Tastings we did last year at Coral Reef that I just wanted to do as many as we were able to.
:bounce:

The Tastings at le Cellier and Marakesh consist of three appetizer servings with an accompanying wine pairing. For some reason The Coral Reef's wine pairing serves 4 apperizer/wine servings for the same price as the aforementioned locations.

Luis

Didn't get the Signature Dinner, but I am far from disappointed. The Sig Dinner would have been on the same day as a Lunch & Learn, and I got the Lunch & Learn at Citricos. Both of those in one day would probably have been too much.

Also going to a Party for the Senses, one Food & Wine pairing each at Marrakesh, Coral Reef and Le Cellier, and a Beer & Food dinner!

And that's enough for one trip!!

"had also wanted a Lunch and Lear at Spoodles, but they were sold out. "

Boy, I bet they went fast.
:teeth: :earseek:
LOL

I ended up getting what DH & I wanted - Int'l Beer Pairing, F&W Pairing @ Coral Reef, and Party for the Senses. We had thought about doing one of the Signature Dinners but it fell on the night we're going to MNSSH. Although I think Disney did a better job with reservations this year (at least I knew what day to call - last year I only found out they were taking reservations because I checked the DIS boards at lunch & all the dinners were sold out by then), I am still disappointed with the way they were handled. I called on Wednesday to verify when the reservations were to start and what number to call - they told me DINE. I called and got thru to DINE at 7am and was on hold for almost an hour before I go thru to make my reservations.

We got the F&W pairing @ the Coral Reef. I am really excited about that one. Also, a Vertical wine tasting. I'm interested in what that is like.
Frankly, I was wondering how we would fit everything in if we got all the res. we wanted for all the events we wanted.
I am on a couple of waiting lists & would really like to do a dinner, but I am thrilled that I was able to get anything @ all.
I can always go have a nice expensive wine pairing meal if I want. They have them @ DL all the time. I am going b/c it is WDW & looking forward to being @ the Poly & relaxing & @ all the parks. Yippee! Double-digits!

Originally posted by Morticia
I am on a couple of waiting lists ...

I hope it comes through for you.

When I alked about being put on a wait list for the signature dinner, the CM said no wait lists this year:confused: :confused:

It is so frustrating. Disney can't get their CMs to give out consistent information.:(

Ed

As far as the phone problems go...

Those Signature Dinners apparently are just too limited in seating and too darned popular to last very long even if there had been absolute clarity about the phone thing.

Thanks betterlatethannever. I'm not counting on it, but it would be a nice surprise if it happened.
Actually, I didn't do any of the calling, I had the CCM make the ressies for me & she's the one would said that I was on the waiting list & would call daily for me.
I live on the west coast & no dinner is worth getting up @ 3am to make ressies for.:o

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter