Did you get the F&W fest dinners you wanted?

webray

Love the wineauxs!
We got very lucky this morning...we got the special dinners we were hoping for...they were selling out completely as we were making reservations.

See you all there.

They expected the lunch and learns to be gone by 8:30am this morning and the reserve/signature dinners to be gone by 9am this morning. Hubby got through...made all our ressies...I was on hold for over 30 minutes...never got through.

Well, I was on hold for 30 minutes when my cell phone cut out. I'm now on hold again, and have been for 20 minutes, and no answer yet. I'm losing hope :(

*cries* And my phone just gave up again. I give up :(

If anyone happens to end up with an extra seating for 6 for the Signature Dinner for Oct 26th, let me know, will ya? :)

Arrrghhhhh!!!!!!!! I got through right at 6am and made ressies for Party for the Senses and then was told that for my other choices I needed to talk to group sales. For several minutes she tried getting through for me, then came back on and said she would give them my phone number and they would call me as soon as they were able. A long 45 minutes go by and I'm thinking "oh, no they're going to be filled", so I was looking for the group sales number when the cm called me back and said that I needed to call them direct and gave me the number.
Now I'm on hold......just got a recording to leave my name and number. So I did that and now I'm trying on my cell phone.
Good luck everyone!

We wanted 6 for the Oct. 26 Signature Dinner too. I got through around 7:45 (after being on hold). At that time there was only an opening for two left. I took that (I guess my DH and I will have a night out by ourselves). We're hoping that there are cancellations for the other 4 people. We'll try again later.

But we DID get the Party for the Senses for Friday, the 24th! YAY!! We did one of those last year and really enjoyed it!!
:Pinkbounc

No I did not and I am really mad!

I called at exactly 7:00 am, got the message that said "Press 1 for Party For The Senses, Press 2 for all other dinners", I pressed 2 and then had dead air for 20 minutes. I finally gave up and called again and also called the regular dining number at the same time. The regular dining number came through after about another 20 minutes and the agent tried to connect me with no luck. After 36 minutes of being on hold on the F&W line I finally go through and my possible dates, Oct 26 and Nov 2 were already sold out! All before 8:00 am

Three things are clear:
(1) The phone system was not working properly.
(2) Group dining was not ready for the deluge of calls that actually got through.
(3) I will not be going to the Food and Wine Festival.

the special number listed on disneys website...407-939-3378...very busy this morning.

Teach me for not reading Disney's website. Started calling the Group Dining number (7707) at 7:00am and keep geeting bumped to their stupid answering machine. Didn't even see the other number on their site.

Just called and everything I wanted is sold out. No F&W Festival for Brad this year. Can't even begin to describe my disappointment....

(if they had a crying smilie, that would be right here)

AAAAARGH!!! I called the special number (FEST) and was on hold for 45 minutes- THEN got a message saying that Disney dining was closed and to leave a message. Called back and the Signiture dinners were gone !! I can't believe their phone lines were so screwed up!!!!! Called back and got Party, one Lunch, and a F & W pairing, but I'm still really really ticked off!!!!! And there is NO wait list either!!!! &%$$*((&%$@)@*&#%$$ Or something like that at any rate!! We only needed 2 little 'ole seats for the Jiko dinner too!!!!! Sometimes I feel like the stress of planning a WDW vacation is just too much!!!!!

:D Finally got through and the Lunch ' Learn was sold out. :(
However I did book several Food and Wine Pairings, so I'm happy.:bounce:
I do plan on calling back every couple of weeks just on the outside chance that someone cancels their Lunch n Learn. Not likely to happen, but Pixie Dust does happen. :D

It took me 1 hour and 15 minutes to book one F&W pairing! I was on hold forever, transferred twice (even though I used the number on the Disney website) and was cut off once. Wow. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by ghidorah97
Just called and everything I wanted is sold out. No F&W Festival for Brad this year. Can't even begin to describe my disappointment....

(if they had a crying smilie, that would be right here)

Here's one for you and for me:

crying.gif

Are you going to cancel your trip? We were planning to go to WDW for the Signature Dinner since we had so much fun at the Winemaker's Dinner 2 years ago. Now, no dinner for us and I have come to the conclusion that the Food For the Senses buffet is really worth a special trip. *sigh* I am so bummed :(.

I got the one thing I wanted, the Food and Wine Pairing at Le Cellier on 10/23. I was almost late for a meeting at work, though, because I was on hold for forever. I wonder if it would be better if the reservations for these events was done so many days out, like normal Disney Dining. Like 90 days out. Then you would only be fighting the phone lines with people that were trying for one specific date as opposed to 30 different days. I agree that it didn't seem like they were prepared. Although I didn't realize there was a special number. First I called 1-407-WDW-DINE and after being on hold 20 minutes I had to hang up because I had to take a shower (I didn't really think this through). Then I called the special dining line for Disney Club Members. After 12 minutes I got through to someone who said she'd have to connect me with someone else for the F&W festival. That took about another 20 minutes, but I eventually got through. Sorry to hear so many people didn't get what they wanted. :( Maybe they need to plan more events for next year.

Thank you very much robin, very sorry to hear you didn't get what you wanted either. It looks like we will be cancelling our trip for this year. I'm totally bummed, but have no one to blame but myself for not reading the F&W on Disney's site to find out the number.

Not going to be a very happy camper today...

Brad, don't beat yourself up! did all the right things: called the right number, called at the right time, pressed the right buttons and still didn't get what I wanted.

I just wish the lines were better staffed so I didn't have to wait so long to find out things were sold out :(. Oh yeah, I also wish the phone lines worked properly in the first place. I'd be a lot happier today.

I just have to give my 2 cents here regarding these special events. First off, there is a heck of a whole lot of things going on in Epcot during the festival that's absolutely free and open to everyone on a first-come-first-served basis. I've never participated in any of the reserve dinners,etc, and yet have had a wonderful time each and every year that I've done F&W. I can understand the frustration at not being able to get through, but to cancel a whole trip because of it seems a bit harsh. There are many wine-maker seminars, cooking demonstrations, and countless other events. You even have the ability to make your own wine pairings at the various pavilions around world showcase. So please, I urge some of you to reconsider backing out. I'd hate to see anyone short change themselves of what is arguably one of the best times to be at WDW, special events or not

Luis.

Robin- I'm with you---- I called the right number and pushed all the right buttons and got sent to phone "NeverNeverLand"- so didn't get my Signature dinners. I think WDW could have handled it alot better (more staffing, making sure the phones were working!) After all - we knew about the calling deadline weeks ago, they certainly had enough time to make sure the Reservation system was up to Snuff. I don't know if I'll cancel my trip on account of this- But I am going to look into alternative destinations (Disney is expensive, my APs have expired, I'm ticked)- so I guess that's a "maybe" I'll cancel it.

As of 10:10 a.m. EDT, there's still availability for Party for the Senses and for Food & Wine Pairings.

I've heard great things about the Party for the Senses. (Last year, you could still book the Party for the Senses on the same day as the event.)

So, while some events, such as the Signature Dinners, are 100% sold out, you can still book other events.

Lrodk, I think that's a great point. This is only my second F&W Festival. My first was in 2001 and I didn't do any of the "special events." I just ate and drank my way around the booths, enjoyed a couple of wine seminars, a food demonstration or 2, and the beer seminar. I had a wonderful time. I wanted to try something different this year and I decided on the Food and Wine Pairing, but I definitely wouldn't have cancelled my trip. I wouldn't even have thought about it. So I too encourage others to look on the bright side of everything else being offered.

still very happy with what I did get.

I got two wine pairings, one lunch and learn at the California Grille, one vertical tasing and the Austrailian Wine School.

I will also be attending all of the free seminars I can fit into my schedule.

The first week of my vacation is for the Festival, so I plan to take advantage of everything I can. I found the free seminars can be very informative.

I cannot wait to go!!!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter