Did you convert your partner....

dkostel

DIS Veteran
to loving Disney that is. Was it a case of two people so perfect for each other, right down to their love of Disney, or did you have to do some convincing?

I don't think I "converted" her but I definitly helped her realize that Disney is THE place to be. Our 13 year old son has labeled me a Disneyhead and she is right along with me in the planning.

I'm hoping I can find someone already in love with Disney......and has a job, loves my nieces ,wants to mow the lawn, take out the trash, change the oil, kill the bugs , lug the suitcases to Disney and the list goes on :lmao:

:thumbsup2

I don't know if I converted my partner, cuz he says he always liked Disney and Winnie the Pooh. I worked part-time at a local TDS for 7 yrs, and after bringing home almost every different style of Tigger and WTP that they came out with, he had a choice of either love Disney or shoot me. Fortunately he choose to love Disney. He still leaves the Disney planning to me, but we definitely share in the post-Disney depression when we come back from our trips.

Really! On this issue, if no other. I don't believe the subject even came up during our three-year courtship (how unlesbian of us, taking all of that time!!!). In fact, we spent our first few years traveling back and forth to Provincetown. But once we had children, we immediately knew where we wanted to vacation and now it's not at all about the kids - we love taking 'em, but we'd go with or without them!

I was full time at the Mouse House when I met the DH. He lived in Daytona at the time, and figured since he was comming over on weekends he might as well get a PT job there.

He is now full time and a recipient of Partners in Excellence.

So I guess I converted him.

He still wont go on Roller Coasters, so my best girlfriend is my travel companion to Cedar Point which is in one week, thanks for asking! :banana:

And geesh Boston......trash, bugs, and hauling suitcases? What would you do? :)

A couple of years ago, I floated the idea of going to Disneyland for my birthday. My boyfriend avoided the subject for a while, then revealed that his parents had taken the kids to Disneyland for a day when he was about nine. It was the dreaded one-day deathmarch, with the father pushing the kids to ride every ride possible, even if it scared them. Well, he put the kids on Space Mountain by themselves, and of course they were scared out of their wits.

That was the last ride my boyfriend tried.

Gradually, I talked him into going. I told him we'd start small, and see how he liked things. I told him that if he never went on the Peter Pan ride, he'd be missing an amazing experience. Gradually, he gave in.

I scheduled four days at the parks. By the third day, we did California Screamin' together. He loved it.

We're honeymooning in Disneyland in October. :woohoo:

We went together for the first time as part of a vacation 18 years ago (we've been together 19 years). He did not want to go and called it bougeois, tedious, base, etc.

His jaw dropped open the first time we entered the Magic Kingdom.

Now, fast forward 18 years, we own at DVC and he LOVES going to WDW. It his his favorite place to vacation on the planet.

The 1.5 foot mustache and his piercings still do get us some strange looks, but once we enter the WDW bubble, we're home.

She would be fine going once every decade.:^(
She's more of a beach/pool person. I'm totally not into sitting/baking in the sun with a book---BORING!!!!! I'm the one who researches and books all our trips. So,my answer to her once-every-decade-wdw-trip is to not book any trips at all. If that's what she wants to do,its her trip to book. I'm totally not interested in going to some all inclusive resort on a beach.

Thankfully, we are in love with each other and equally in love with WDW/Disney. :thumbsup2

I am responsible for my partner's conversion, but it didn't take much to make it happen. I found out that he'd never been to WDW when we were about a year into dating, so we figured out when I could take some time off work so we could go.

I have never had so much fun as watching him experience the magic for the first time. He described entering MK as though he was "stepping into the television set" while watching Wonderful World of Disney. He loved MGM, and thought Epcot was amazing, too. We hit DTD, and ran into a friend of his from Chicago whom he'd lost touch with, who worked for the Mouse.

From that time on, we started planning our vacations to Disney. We've been back nine times together since that first trip, seven of which have been as DVC members. We have gay-couple friends who are also Disney fans that we now travel with, so it's been such fun having Disney be a part of our lives.

She definitely converted me! I went to WDW once as a child, and liked it, but hadn't thought about going again. She talked me into going last January and I LOVED it!!! Now we're going again next January for our honeymoon :teeth:

airhead said:
She would be fine going once every decade.:^(

This is more my story. I'm not sure I've yet converted him, but he hasn't thrown a tantrum and said no. He let me buy at DVC, went with me to Disneyland Paris (something had to go, and it was Versailles), and has spent two of the last three Thanksgivings at Disney -- Land in 2003 and World in 2005.

I think he forgets that I remember he was wearing a Mickey Mouse shirt on the first day we met!:love2:

Boston5602 said:
I'm hoping I can find someone already in love with Disney......and has a job, loves my nieces ,wants to mow the lawn, take out the trash, change the oil, kill the bugs , lug the suitcases to Disney and the list goes on :lmao:

:thumbsup2

ALL MY SKILLS! So far all I've been meeting is people looking for someone who will cook, clean and mend their socks. I can't do ANY of those things.

:cool1:

I'm hoping to have a diehard convert on my hands after our upcoming trip in July (just 69 more days!!!) See, my girl is a hardcore Vegas fan. She loves the gambling, but she also loves all the spectacle, so I'm hoping that will play in and help her to see and fall in love with the magic of Disney. She's been once before when she was in high school, but tells me she doesn't remember much about it. And I went twice as a kid (which I think is why it is so magical and nostalgic for me) and had a brief 4 hours in the Magic Kingdom when I was in college when my theatre troupe was touring Florida. So, really this will be the first real grown up trip there for both of us.

So, here's to hoping!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter