Did we bring enough lime-green mickey heads? It would appear so....*FINISHED! 9/29 **

Well every experience can't be perfect right? We'd had a good time so far, but Wednesday didn't start out so good. Our goal was to be out at the bus stop for AK at 7. We walked outside at about 710ish and saw 2 buses go by. BOTH were Animal Kingdom, so I started hurrying over, but we missed the bus. No biggie, we figured more buses would come. Well more buses came, but none of them for the AK. We didn't get a bus until 745. Good thing AK isn't super far away. We got there just in time to follow everyone else in.

So far it's not going too well. We headed over to Everest and got fastpasses and went to the Safari. I still have no idea what happened, but we were in line forever and the time listed was only 20 minutes. After that we were completely off of our Ridemax schedule, and apparently we were never to get back on track. Not that made much of a difference until we got to Primeval Whirl. We ended up not riding it.

I do have to say-EE was an extremely fun ride! I have been on tons of coasters-I grew up pretty close to Cedar Point-and this wasn't a huge thrill ride, but it was just FUN!! The backwards-ness didn't bother me and a lot of times it does. The Safari was pretty cool itself. Well minus the lady who kept telling her kid that everything was a deer. Ok, I STILL couldn't tell you what half of the animals were, but they weren't deer. GAH! Here's a couple pictures from the ride.

SDC12534.jpg

SDC12540.jpg

SDC12546.jpg

SDC12560.jpg

SDC12569.jpg

SDC12572.jpg

This is one of my fave pics-a meerkat on a termite mound! I didn't even notice the meerkat at first!
SDC12599.jpg

I like this one too-we were walking across a bridge and it was just a great shot of Everest!
SDC12593.jpg

And then there were the trails:

Tigers!
SDC12608.jpg

I don't remember what this was, but it's not a deer.
SDC12612.jpg

If you look close, there's a monkey in the tower!
SDC12617.jpg

Some photopass pics-including one with Simba!

Image138.jpg

Image129.jpg

Image154.jpg

We were meeting a friend of mine from a chat board for lunch, so we decided to head over to the Rainforest Cafe. The one thing I had wanted to see in AK was DeVine, but I wasn't sure we'd get to see her. Imagine my surprise when we were walking out and there she was! It was so neat, and DH had no idea what was going on. If you've never see her, you have to find out her times and scout her out! So impressive to see. I must have taken a kazillion pictures and video of her, but here are just a few.
SDC12625.jpg

SDC12628.jpg

SDC12629.jpg

I have to say before I go on that I didn't believe that any one park could be hotter than another. I know fully believe it and agree! I was MUCH hotter at AK then any of the parks. After that, rude people and just running over the park a million times, I had had enough of AK. I might have had a better time if I wasn't so hot, but dang.

Rainforest Cafe didn't make it that much better. We got there and was a really long line. We get into the line-I'm thinking it's the ADR line, but no-the person in front of us didn't have an ADR, so I tell DH to chill there and I'll go ask questions. I find someone and ask if there is a separate ADR line-he says no, you have to just wait in this line. Odd, but ok. I go back in line, and the lady behind us is wondering the same thing so I told her what the guy had said. We waited for a little longer and I found someone else-but same story. A little later we see people just walking up. So I walked up and asked the person at the podium what the deal is (again) she says, yeah you just had to come right up. So I tell her, uh that's NOT what the other people said. And, that it's not that big of a deal, but there might be other people confused. She made an announcement that if you had an ADR you could just walk up. We checked and waited to be called.

My friend hadn't shown up yet, and since I'd know her and DH wouldn't, he stayed in the nice A/C and I walked out to find her. She showed up a couple minutes later, and DH came out to tell us that we had been called. We walked in maybe 30 seconds later to find out that they couldn't 'find' us and we were back on the waiting list. Ok WHAT!? There are people all over the place-you can't just stand right next to the podium because there are 85 people already standing there. A manager happened to walk by and my friend grabbed her and explained. She apologized and we got seated quickly, but it was just strange. Oh and while we were waiting, one of the seaters must have called for 1 family a good 15 times-they said after 3 times they move on, which is why we were skipped. WHATEVER.

After we were seated though we had fun. The RC at AK is the largest in the world, so maybe that's why we hardly ever saw our waitress.....oh well. The food was really good, but it was dark and loud (normal for a RC) so no pictures. We had a sampler for the appetizer: Calamari-excellent, spinach dip-awesome, fried cheese-well you can't really ruin fried cheese. And the rollup thingys were pretty good, but I don't like them so I had to go with what they all said hehe. 3 of us got the bacon cheeseburger, and it was good-but it was a bacon cheeseburger so we didn't do the whole fancy thing. I like RC and have eaten there several times. I've never had a bad experience until now, and the ONLY problem was the seating, everything else was just as good as usual! It's a chain restaurant, but the theming is just FUN!

Oh and here is a pic to end our AK adventure. This is me, my friend Amy and her daughter. We had a blast!
SDC12638.jpg

I haven't been to AK yet but have heard that it is hotter there. At least you enjoyed your meal after all that.

Oh look at all the pictures of the deer! Sorry, just had to say it.:rotfl2:

How cool is it that you got to see Devine. We've only seen her once and that was in passing. It was on one of the little paths and everybody and their grandma were standing around so we didn't get to see her very well. My husband was totally oblivious to what was going on too.

We had a similar problem with Rainforest Cafe. I kept asking the employees where did we go if we had ADR and several looked at me funny. I finally found somebody to help me and we were seated in less than 5 minutes.

I haven't been to AK yet but have heard that it is hotter there. At least you enjoyed your meal after all that.
It is! I don't understand it, but it is....

Oh look at all the pictures of the deer! Sorry, just had to say it.:rotfl2:

How cool is it that you got to see Devine. We've only seen her once and that was in passing. It was on one of the little paths and everybody and their grandma were standing around so we didn't get to see her very well. My husband was totally oblivious to what was going on too.

We had a similar problem with Rainforest Cafe. I kept asking the employees where did we go if we had ADR and several looked at me funny. I finally found somebody to help me and we were seated in less than 5 minutes.

Stupid deer. They always are in the road. Devine was sooooo neat to see! I couldn't believe we got to see her! So lucky :)

I'm sad to hear you had the same problem at RC. It was just so odd-like I was completely confused as to why there would be a different line. Oh well....it was yummy!

So after the whole semi-stinky Animal Kingdom trip, DH and I headed to EPCOT. We had an ADR for the Princess Dinner later that night, but I figured we could walk around and check things out over there.

As we walked towards the buses, we decided to go to the Boardwalk. Neither of us had ever been there, so we walked around, checked out the sights and got some liquid refreshment. If you've never had a chance to go over to the boardwalk, I highly suggest that. I really want to try Big River Grille next time we go to Disney. Yum!

Some shots from across the lake:
SDC12639.jpg

SDC12640.jpg

SDC12641.jpg

We walked over to the International Gateway and then headed over to Future World to ride some rides and play in Innoventions. Test Track ended up having a fairly short line so we rode that first. There happened to be a CM around who told us to hurry if we wanted to ride it because that never happened. So we did! So much fun. The last part was a total blast ;)

We checked out Honey I Shrunk the Audience-lame. Then went to Journey into Imagination-I miss the old ride. Figment is still pretty rockin, but the rest of the ride needs to go back to the old ride. We checked out Club Cool, and I tried to get a reaction from DH when he drank Beverly, but he had a seriously delayed reaction and I missed.

At some point we wandered into the WS and checked out the shop in Norway. Got some hat shots too ;)
SDC12651.jpg

SDC12652.jpg

Then it was time for dinner! This was the dinner I was really excited for :) I know, I know. I'm 29 and should be over this, but hey-everyone's a kid in Disney! We checked in and about 10 minutes later, we were called in.

We stood in a line (gee...a line....at Disney) to get our pictures taken with Belle in her yellow dress. We were then seated at a table for 2 that was right by the appetizer buffet. Our server took our drink orders and explained how the food worked. The appetizer buffet was all you can eat, and then you had a choice of 6 or so entrees. Then the dessert was brought out on a plate to share.

So up to the buffet. They had several different kinds of salad-mixed greens, potato salad, herring salad-and lunch meats and cheeses, as well as 3 different kinds of salmon. The lady in front of me asked about the salmon and the CM said, well we are in Norway! I almost choked to not laugh. The best part for me was the bleu cheese like dressing and the peel and eat shrimp. I was a pig and ate 2 helpings!

SDC12656.jpg

Then came the entrees. DH had the meatball type things-the Kjottkate. He really liked it. I know some people don't know what to make of it, but we both thought it was pretty yummy.
SDC12658.jpg

I had the pork chop. This was so delicious! I asked what seasoning they used, and apparently it's pretty simple-garlic, salt and pepper and cardamon. Whatever, it was a VERY good pork chop!
SDC12657.jpg

It came with the same potato gratin we had at Narcoosee's basically. Maybe a little more cheese, but just as yummy.

As we were eating, the princesses came around. First Aurora
SDC12660.jpg
, then Cinderella
SDC12661.jpg
, Snow White
SDC12663.jpg
and Ariel
SDC12665.jpg
. They do spend quite a bit of time at each table-more so with the kids obviously, but they all commented on my Aurora shirt ;) Sleeping Beauty especially liked it of course!

At this point we were pretty stuffed, but out came the dessert plate!
SDC12666.jpg
I can't say enough how delicious these were! I adore chocolate mousse, and this was so creamy and chocolatey. The dark chocolate was smooth as silk and the outer chocolate was just thin enough to give it a little extra kick. The school bread was so yummy, but if you don't like coconut-it wouldn't really be for you. It was a pastry dough with custard in the middle and covered in coconut. I could eat 4 of them and be happy, but I'd gain even more weight! The rice cream was pretty good, but I was concentrating on the mousse ;)

Our server was very helpful and attentive. He even helped with the pronunciation of the dishes. We had a lot of fun there, and once again-I recommend it!

After dinner we walked out just in time for Illuminations. Of course it started to rain, and we watched just the beginning.
SDC12670.jpg

SDC12671.jpg

SDC12673.jpg

So far we loved it! But figured it was better to wait for the next day when we had something to keep dry......

The next day was supposed to be EPCOT all day, but it turned out to be the BEST DAY EVER!!! I'll type about that tomorrow ;)

**WARNING** This will probably have to be in several parts thanks to the photo max :)

The night before, when we got back from EPCOT, I decided to waffle AGAIN about which park we would go to first the next day. I had planned to go to Epcot on Thursday for the PM EMH and then hit HS for AM EMH on Friday. I had read about skipping am EMH days and since I wasn't happy with how the AK turned out, I was thinking again. I talked it over with DH and figured that we could 'sleep in' for 2 days instead of 1, so it was settled. I logged on Ridemax, got a plan for HS and off to dreamland.

The next morning was so relaxed compared to the previous 2! We already had a snack in the room for DH to eat for breakfast so we ended up at the bus stop around 815. It wasn't very crowded on the bus so extra perk! We got off the bus and started heading towards the turnstiles.

Another day we headed to the left and that's when the happy things happened! While we were getting organized, getting tickets and everything, we were walking towards a CM talking to another guest. As soon as we were almost directly in front of her, the other guest left and she said something about our shirts. DH had 3 dwarfs and I had a Mickey shirt that had him on front and back (3 for $20 on the disney store online!) We said thanks and she said "How would you like to be our family of the day and open the park?" I said no and we-JK! I was so happy I could barely talk! We got to go through the turnstiles where the people for breakfast ADRs were being let in and got ahead of all the people by the turnstiles. YAY!!

Annie-the CM, took us down the street and under the rope for Rope Drop. It was completely deserted besides us, Annie, and 2 other CM. It was so neat!
The empty street to the turnstiles
SDC12680.jpg

Us with CM Annie :)
SDC12681.jpg

Just us and the hat
SDC12682.jpg

NO ONE in front of the hat!
SDC12683.jpg

The tip board-where Annie works....all by itself.
SDC12685.jpg

Then the crowds came in. They had a 'diva' (who of course I can't remember her name) drive in on what was told to us as Walt's old car. Not sure if it's true, but if it is-THAT"S SO COOL!!!!

SDC12686.jpg

Then we got in the back of the car and introduced ourselves.
SDC12689.jpg

SDC12690.jpg

Although we're both from Pennsylvania, they liked the fact that we were currently living in Okinawa so that's where we said we were from. After they asked the other people if anyone else was from Oki and no one said anything, we thought maybe PA would have been more represented.

Then the director and his assistant came out.

The director:
SDC12691.jpg

The director/assistant and their old-fashioned truck
SDC12692.jpg

SDC12695.jpg

All the CM in character were so funny! The director and assistant kept bantering with the crowd-including teasing this one guy who had the calf length socks and the backpack and everything going on. Turns out, this guy and his family were at our resort and we talked to them the next day! I was cracking up.

Then we had to practice our 'skit'. The assistant stood over to the side with our 'cue card'. It was a pretty easy line, but you know-just in case ;)
SDC12697.jpg

The plan was this-the 'audience' would say "Lights, Camera Action" and we would yell "Hollywood Here We Come!" and then get driven off to our choice of ride-we chose RnRC because neither of us had ever been on it :) Plus (and this was the BEST part of opening the park-ok one of the best because the whole thing was just incredible!!) we got Fastpasses!!! We got a pair for just TSM that could be used at any time, and 2 more that could be used for anything but shows and TSM. Annie suggested to go get another FP for TSM so we could ride it at least 2 times!

So they said, we said and then we drove down to RnRC! Way ahead of the crowds.
SDC12699.jpg

SDC12700.jpg

It was so cool! Annie took us up the ramp and we got to see the pre-show by ourselves and then we rode-in the front-RnRC all by ourselves! No one else was on it at all. I have to take a picture of our picture to post. That was sweet too-they gave us the picture at no cost! Then they asked if we wanted to ride again and we said sure! This time there were people, but we got to ride in the back. Totally different experience.

Annie was really great. She gave us a ton of info about the park, was super nice to us and took all those pictures that I just posted. I wish we could have had some photopass pictures, but that's ok. These were just as cool. At this point it was only like 915 and we had ridden the coaster twice and had met an incredibly awesome CM.

I'll continue this later. Expect more pics, and some inside information on the American Idol Experience!!

:cool1: What a fabulous "only in Disney" experience! I know those memories will last forever for you both!

How super wonderful that you guys opened Hollywood Studios for the day! The lady in the bright blue outfit was the same one that chose our son to be in a skit year before last. She's a hoot!

I am SO sorry that I haven't updated in awhile. I've been spending time with family the last few days, and haven't been online much. I left my parents' house to go to San Francisco, and then I'll be heading back to Okinawa. Once I get there I'll have a lot more free time! I'll have more report and more pictures then.

I just haven't been in the mood to really write-I really miss my family and leaving was really hard. But I will be back soon! Thank you for reading, and see you in a few days :)

For some reason I thought that Akershus had character dining only for breakfast and lunch? Learned something new! lol!

And wow! That's so cool that you got to be the family of the day at DHS! I bet it was really nice, especially all those extra perks they gave you! Gotta love Disney! How did you like RnRc? I've never been on it, and I'm nervous... do you recommend the front or the back? I'm assuming sitting towards the front would be better....

Hope you had a safe trip home :goodvibes

For some reason I thought that Akershus had character dining only for breakfast and lunch? Learned something new! lol!

And wow! That's so cool that you got to be the family of the day at DHS! I bet it was really nice, especially all those extra perks they gave you! Gotta love Disney! How did you like RnRc? I've never been on it, and I'm nervous... do you recommend the front or the back? I'm assuming sitting towards the front would be better....

Hope you had a safe trip home :goodvibes

Yes! Akershus has characters all day long. I know some people have mentioned picky-ness about the food but I am a VERY picky eater, and I found a lot on the buffet to enjoy, and the pork chop was yuuuuuummy!!

I LOVED RnRC. I'm a total coaster freak though-Cedar Point (the #1 roller coaster park) is a few hours from my house back home and I went there every year from 1992-2007. Still bummed I didn't get to when I was home this summer. It's not a terribly scary coaster at all to me. It's in the dark, so you can't see where you are going, but in the front you get a better view of all the fun signs and glow-in-the-dark stuff. Yes it goes upside down, but that is so quick you barely notice it!!

I did have a safe trip-LONG-home so thank you!

How cool is that to help open Hollywood Studios.
It really was the absolute best part of the week!

I'm back completely now!! I haven't spent much time online at all since I've been back to Okinawa. Too much has been going on, and my friends are all occupying my time. Now that I have a bit of time, I am going to at least finish my day at HS while I'm on here!!!

Thank you all again for reading.....here we goooooooooooooo!

So! After we got to ride RnRC (twice!) we headed off into the sunset-well Sunset Blvd. anyway-to head over to TSM. We got more FP-the line for the ride was already 60 minutes long at this point, and there was still a line for the fastpasses. I am still chalking everything up to complete LUCK! We then hopped into the FP line for TSM.

Ok, I don't know how people think this ride is overrated. It was just so much fun! I don't love video games, and I stink at carnival rides, but we had a blast! DH kicked my butt, but that's ok-I kicked his at Buzz ;) We couldn't stop laughing because we would just shoot randomly to get points. Oh well....good times!

We wandered over to the tip board to say thank you again to Annie and to let her know how much we appreciated her picking us. She and DH bugged me again to try out for the American Idol experience. It took them a minute, but I agreed. Here's the thing: I am a trained singer. But I'm trained in Opera/Broadway, not pop/country or anything like that. The chances of making it on AI or the AIE aren't good-I don't really have a pop sounding voice. I can sing my heart out in choir or on a stage in a musical or whatever, but it's not the style I do. I know that, and I know that's what they would say, but I went.......and here's what happened.

We went to the back of the AI stage, where there was a lady taking names and giving instructions. There wasn't anyone out there, so we went right in. I saw a little video with Ryan Seacrest and then went in for the first audition. The audition room is a little room with a desk and someone behind it. She asked me what I would sing (I sang "Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves" by Chere if you want to know) and she looked happy with that. But then she asked me if I knew anything from the book. I sort of did, sort of didn't, and my stage fright kicked in and any song I had the chance of knowing? HA. It was gone. She tried me with a few songs, but guess what? 'You're a trained singer and I can tell. You're vibrato is showing through. You have a beautiful voice (well that made me feel good) but it's not the style they're going to want.' SEE DH I TOLD YOU.

She made me promise that I'd do something like 'Fame' or "I will survive' and she'd send me through-heck ya I will if you're going to send me!! So I passed the first audition!! While I was in there I saw 1 guy turned away and 2 other girls turned away. The 2nd girl was in tears and so embarrassed that she came out of the room and ran out of the building. Her dad had no idea where she went.

They sit you in a room with some ipods and chairs where you can practice. As you're sitting there, there is a screen that tells you which songs had already been picked. Well no one had 'I will Survive' yet so I went with that. Let me tell you-there are some seriously talented singers that are in there that don't make it. I heard this girl practicing-GORGEOUS voice, but left the room without a pass. That scared me some more of course. :scared1:

Well when my turn came, I went in there with a big smile and about to throw up all over the floor. I have been performing on stages since I was 7. 22 years later I still get massive stage fright. Cool. I sing my song-messed up a little, but I'm also my own worse critic. I sing it again-mess up in the same FRIGGEN spot. He asks me to sing my 2nd choice. Nope-there's my vibrato (and he tells me the same thing-great voice, too much vibrato. I need to BELT) Great. Belting. Whoo. Back to "I will Survive" but like I'm on stage. This time?? NO mistakes and I think I did ok ;) Still, I'm being haunted by my vibrato. And there's the kicker. I am not a pop singer (duh):confused3. They can tell I'm a trained Opera singer (double duh):upsidedow . Blah blah BUT.....we'd like you to be an alternate in a later show. :yay:

So apparently sometimes people audition and don't show up for the actual show. They have alternates to make sure the show goes on. I'll take it. Honestly-I didn't expect to get that even. I know my limits. I know I can sing, but I don't have the style. I'm ok with that. But HECK YEAH I'll be an alternate (plus, if you don't get to be in the show, you still get fast passes for your group-I mean really....win win here people).

We end up having a good rest of the morning and into the afternoon (I showed Annie my stuff from the AI-I'll have to take pics and update this post) We had a decent lunch at Catalina Eddie's ( I think) Obviously not remarkable......

Then back to AI for the show. One person is there-WHEE!!! I might make it. Another girl shows up....and then another. So no show for me, but they do take me in with them and I get to hear how things work. Each person has roughly 10 minutes in hair/makeup, 10 minutes for a break and 10 minutes for choreography/practice. Since I won't be actually performing, I get my fastpasses, wish everyone well and also find out I can watch the show in the VIP section if I want. I'm not going to lie-I couldn't watch the show. I got my hopes up, and well that's what happens. So no show for me.

Well that's my AI experience! More on DHS and our dinner at the Garden Grill tomorrow!!

At least the people who were auditioning knew you were a trained singer and had mucho talent. Too bad somebody didn't show up so you could have taken the stage. Oh well, you got Fastpasses! WooHoo!

We took in as much as we possibly could by the end of our day at HS. We ended up riding: TSM-3 times!! (and the longest wait for us was 15 minutes-even the FP line takes a bit) RnRC-3 times (1 FP and 2 times at the opening ;) yay!) ToT-1 time (we've both ridden it SO many times) Star Tours, Muppet Vision 3D, audition for AI, and of course The Great Movie Ride (I LOVE that ride!)

We got lucky. There is NO way we would have been able to do that without opening the park! We were definitely smiled on that day!!:cloud9:

We left HS around 4ish and went to EPCOT for our ADR at the Garden Grill. I had heard so many conflicting stories about the food for the GG that I wasn't sure WHAT to expect! We were seated fairly quickly, and were wished a happy anniversary. If you haven't heard about the GG, it's pretty neat. The restaurant is round, and it rotates. It takes about an hour to go the whole way around, and you get to see different scenes, including part of the Living with the Land ride. Totally great!

I am going to have to rate different parts of this meal. It was nothing like any other dinner we had-characters included!

Service (C): The service at the GG is SLOW. It took awhile for us to get our drinks, although the server was bustling around. He did keep them full though-that we never waited for. We ordered another plate when we were about half done with the first plate and we were done eating when it came out. HOWEVER, the server was VERY pleasant and was doing his best-I even noticed with the table next to us-and he was very acommodating. I LOVE mac and cheese and it's only on the kids' menu there-I got that as well as the kids' dessert (dirt btw).

Food (B+): The turkey was delicious, the catfish was AMAZING and the flank steak had a very yummy marinade. I didn't like most of the veggies-too mushy for my taste-and the cranberry sauce got on everything.
SDC12732.jpg

SDC12733.jpg

SDC12734.jpg

The mac and cheese that I got from the kids' menu was just ok as well. The salad though was very good, and I would have made a meal out of that and the flank steak! DH LOVED the berry cobbler, but it is definitely made to be shared by at least 4 people. I'm not a fan of the berries they had so I asked for dirt (chocolate pudding, crushed oreos, etc) simple but yummy. They really should make a smaller cobbler for smaller parties, but whatever.
SDC12750.jpg

SDC12751.jpg

Characters (B): If I could base this on just 3 of the 4 characters I would. The interaction was so much fun! Mickey, Pluto and Chip were hysterical! They were just too fun and loved my autograph book!! My one complaint-Dale. I have NO idea why, but he never showed up to our table. We only saw him go by once and it was on the top tier. We saw the other 3 twice each! I was so bummed-my autograph book is so incomplete now. I have Chip, but not Dale....BOOOOOO. How that works....I have no idea.

SDC12728.jpg

SDC12736.jpg

Atmosphere (A+): The restaurant itself ROCKS! It's so much fun to see the boat go by for Living with the Land! And the rotation is easy so no one would get bothered with motion sickness.

After the Garden Grill we hung around EPCOT until we got to see the rest of Illuminations. We went to Japan to see if we could find someone from Okinawa, and we ended up finding someone who is actually from Naha-about 15 minutes from where we live!! It was so cool ;)

Then we got to see Illuminations in it's entirety

SDC12754.jpg

SDC12755.jpg

SDC12757.jpg

SDC12758.jpg

to make the anniversary words on the plate, i'm pretty sure they put a stencil down and dust cocoa powder over it and lift it off.

hey, I'm from south of Pittsburgh! Loving the report. (I leave for OKW at the end of the month).

YAY for western PA LOL!! Thanks :) I've been uber busy the past month, and I feel like I started all gangbusters and now I have NO time!! I'm at school now, but I don't have pictures to post, and when I get online at home, it's for MAYBE 10 minutes at night....BOO!

Have a MAGICALLY happy time at OKW!

THANKS!

I'll keep a look out for updates when you have a chance.

Let's have a PA race.
I will get back from my Trip Oct. 5.

Wanna see if I can finish my trip report before you can??

heheheeheh...j/k

I never realized how much goes in to a TR!!

Well our last day was pretty uneventful. We showed up at Epcot at RD and BOOKED it to Soarin'. It was the only thing we hadn't really ridden and we couldn't wait to try it. I have to say-simple ride, but TONS of fun. I loved getting to see 'Cali' from the 'air'!! I got to show my DH all the cool stuff I got to see when I went to San Fran, and seeing southern Cali was awesome! I have to say it's such a cool idea, but NOT a thrill ride for people who think it is. I think anyone could manage it, and would love it!

We then headed over to Innoventions and played a bunch of different things, and signed up for the Kim Possible game. We played some recycle game-that was actually a lot of fun! We wandered around until it was about 11, and then started making our way to the WS. Of course at that exact moment the skies opened and it POURED. I can stand rain unless it's pouring into my eyes, so I was really happy that I had a hat! However this was a little TOO much so I broke down and bought a poncho. Phooey.

After the rain stopped-well slightly anyway-we walked into WS and got our Kimmunicator. We did 3 countries and had a BLAST. We started with China, then went to Germany (Dh had so much fun there...his G-ma is from Germany and he had a conversation with one of the guys working there) Of course we had to get a beer-DH, and a pretzel-both of us, and some sort of liquored up lemonade-YUM. We then went over to France and did a mission there.

After that, we decided that we had been in Epcot for 3 days and were tired of it. So the plan was-eat at Pepper Market, take a break and head to the pool for a bit, and then some mini golf. What actually happened was this: Pepper Market, took a break and DH passed out. I kept trying to wake him up but to no avail. So I took advantage of the Disney Channel!

We then hit up Downtown Disney for some Earl of Sandwich. SO good!! I highly recommend EoS for ANYONE heading to DTD. I even told my dad to try it out when he went to a convention. He loved it!! There was a pretty long line, but they're used to that so we got through in maybe 10 minutes. We found a table outside-inside was WAY too packed for me.

I got the Original and the broccoli-cheese soup.

SDC12772.jpg

I have no idea where the pic of the soup is.

DH got the tomato soup and a club
SDC12774.jpg

SDC12773.jpg

We tried to get a good picture in front of the Christmas store for our Christmas card this year, but it was a no go :( Someone took 2 pics, but neither of them look very good. We checked out some more of the shops in DTD and then headed to MK for Wishes.

I don't remember any fireworks shows at any of the parks, but who knows what that means...We never stayed late when I went with band so....eh. The were absolutely cool though!! Here are a few pics from the show:

SDC12850.jpg

SDC12851.jpg

SDC12858.jpg

That night was EMH at night so we got to ride some of the rides/do shows that we hadn't got to. We even rode Dumbo. I didn't think that we'd be able to, but there was only a 10 minute wait so we hopped in line. I hadn't done that since I was 7 and DH hadn't ever ridden Dumbo-lame yes, but why not!

We then got to see Goofy and then Donald. OMG Donald was HYSTERICAL!! He didn't like the fact that he wasn't number 1 in my book so he made me switch the pages so he would be. He then signed it and wrote #1 in the book. Then of course he threw up a finger to SHOW that he was #1 for our pic.

SDC12879.jpg

Then with my book half full, our bodies completely exhausted, we headed back to the CSR for our last time on a Disney bus :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!