Did the BTMRR Refirb get canceled?

ATTENTION! lol. I just booked fast passes for BTMRR for my trip during the end of April. So I assume that confirms for sure the refurb has been pushed back
Thank you! I've been checking. It wasn't an option for 4/15 earlier today but is there now. Thanks for the heads up.

if this refurb is being pushed, do you think it means soarin and frozen ride are gonna be later than we had thought? maybe they didn't want to have soarin and btmrr down together for some of the summer?

This is my fear...that Soarin' and Frozen won't be ready until late June/early July so they're keeping BTMRR open until those things are ready.

Weird... I rode the updated DL version last year, and while it had some new little features, I just couldn't see how those would take nearly 3.5 months to install at WDW.

We've chatted about this on another thread about our June trips and here is what I posted there:

"I just looked over the MK park calendar for a few dates to see when BTMR's availability changed and here is what I found:

through June 30th BTMR showed park hours on the calendar
then July 1st it changes to "schedule unavailable" (along with several other rides) and it continues "schedule unavailable" until Aug 7th
August 8th it changed to "Closed for refurbishment"

Maybe this means it's being pushed until August??

We've chatted about this on another thread about our June trips and here is what I posted there:

"I just looked over the MK park calendar for a few dates to see when BTMR's availability changed and here is what I found:

through June 30th BTMR showed park hours on the calendar
then July 1st it changes to "schedule unavailable" (along with several other rides) and it continues "schedule unavailable" until Aug 7th
August 8th it changed to "Closed for refurbishment"

Maybe this means it's being pushed until August??
It definitely is. People here have booked FP for the original refurb dates.

It definitely is. People here have booked FP for the original refurb dates.

Touringplans.com says its down 8/8/16 thru 11/19/16.

YES!! we were SO disappointed that it would be down while we were there in June!!

and we have 2 boys so if they're pushing the closure of BTMRR b/c the Frozen ride won't be open yet, that's fine with us!! AND Soarin' wasn't our favorite ride so that's ok too..

YEAH for us!!

:jumping1:

Well I guess IASW being cancelled is good.. We are taking my niece who will be 18 months when we go, so this is another ride we can bring her on.

I just got our fast passes! Woo hoo!! We are so excited, especially since Soarin is already closed during our trip!

This is bad/good news for us. We're taking a short trip in May (original down time), so we'll able to ride then, but it will down for whenever we schedule our week long Fall/F&W trip.

I just rescheduled our first FP+ of the day for BTMRR! This is my mom's favorite ride and she was so excited to take DD on it - and now she can!! Although I would certainly be upset if we had a fall trip, I'm thrilled to get this ride "back" for our April trip.

Now, maybe Soarin' will open in April, too... :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter