did i not tip enough!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by tony3331, May 5, 2002.

1. tony3331

tony3331 Mouseketeer

7day- 200.server 200asst server 175 housekeeper 75 head server i thought i was tipping more then enough gave it to them on friday morning.

2. imgoingtodisney

imgoingtodisney Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e

was that just for yourself? or how many people?

3. wovenwonder

wovenwonder DIS Veteran

Below are the suggested gratuities for the 3, 4, and 7 day cruises. Unlike other cruise lines, Disney will let you charge them if you do not wish to use cash. Gratuities listed below are for the whole cruise and the amounts are PER PERSON, including any children in you party.

Position 3 day 4 day 7 day
    Resturant Server $11.00 $14.75 $25.75
    Resturant Assistant Server $8.00 $10.75 $18.75
    Head Server $2.75 $3.75 $6.50
    Stateroom Host(ess) $10. $14.50 $25.25

Room Service At your discretion
    For room service, you will want to tip a couple of dollars, or more depending on the size of your order. You will also want to tip the porters a dollar or two per bag. If you order drinks, a gratuity is automatically added.

ADDITIONAL HINTS FOR TIPPING
    Charge your tips early. The line can get quite crowded at Guest Services if you wait till the last day of your cruise. We tip the recommended amount early and then add some extra cash for anyone who gives us exceptional service.
    Be creative. In addition to tips, little items such as phone cards are appreciated. This should be given in addition to the suggested cash amount, not in place of it. We pick up a batch of phone cards at Sam's Club prior to our cruises. They also make a nice thank-you for persons in positions that aren't traditionally tipped, such as kids counselors, cruise staff and guest services.

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

It sounds like you tipped plenty. I am also curious as to how many people that was for. We are a family of 5 and even if we tipped above the recommended amount it would cost us about $500. It looks like you paid $650.

MJ

6. tony3331

tony3331 Mouseketeer

we were 2 adults and 2 kids i even gave everyone 2 phone cards each. i thought i was tipping good but no one was really that happy about it

7. DiznyMagic

DiznyMagic <font color=green>Touched by a fairy<br><font colo

wovenwonder: Is this per person?? If we are on the 4 day and its two adults and two children then it would be 14.75 x 4??? Is that correct?

8. Timon

Timon DIS Veteran

I would say you tipped them VERY WELL! I would imagine that they are told to treat everyone equally, and NOT according to how they tip. I am sure they were VERY happy with your generosity.

9. SC Minnie

SC Minnie <font color=purple>Are we there yet???<br><font co

I don't recall our servers looking in the envelope at the amount while we were there. They were very appreciative to be given an envelope. We gave them the tip on Friday evening after dinner and did not go to breakfast before debarkation.

10. albiats

albiats <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

That would be the correct 'recommended amount' for the Restaurant Server for the 4 day cruise for four people.

11. Jennyfyar

Jennyfyar DIS Veteran

It sounds like you tipped almost double the recommended amount. I'm sure they were not unhappy.

12. TootyJane

TootyJane DIS Veteran

FYI - We cruised to Alaska last summer and were able to charge our gratuities. We are on the Regal Princess.

Lisa :sunny:

13. tony3331

tony3331 Mouseketeer

WE WERE THINKING THE SAME THING THAT MAYBE THEY ARE TOLD NOT TO THANK US FOR THE GOOD TIP. IN OUR HARTS WE WERE SURE WE DID THE RIGHT THING. THEY WERE JUST SO GOOD WITH US AND THE KIDS. THEY WERE GABBY AND WAWAN THEY MADE OUR KIDS SO HAPPY. WHAT EVER THEY WANTED IT WAS NEVER A PROBLEM. WE HAD MET SOME PEOPLE ON THE SHIP WHO SAID THAT THEY WOULD NOT BE TIPPING AT ALL. HOW SAD IS THAT. AND WE ARE NOT RICH BY ANY MEANS JUST THANK GOD THAT WE COULD DO THAT MAYBE HELP SOME ONES FAMILY OUT BACK HOME. ANYWAY THE TRIP WAS MAGIC!!