Did I make the right decision?

wife5080

Earning My Ears
I just switched our preferred room to standard at POP and requested a room from 5425-5436. I hope some DISer can tell me if I made the right choice or should rethink the room. I want something quiet, and close to the buses.

I really don't know the room numbers. I personally think the best rooms at Pop are the ones facing the lake you can see fireworks from Magic Kingdom and Epcot

You might want to pos this on the Resorts board, you may get more detailed help there.
Good luck

My only thought is that by requesting a specific room, they don't know WHY you wanted that room. If it's not available, they won't know what you were wanting as far as view/location/etc.

We had 50's facing the lake, and it was great!

You actually requested a specific room? I have not heard of that. :confused3
Have you gotten the exact room you wanted in the past? Did you just call and ask them to add a room number to your requests?

I'm not sure if it will work or not, the castmember I spoke with didn't seem to think there would be a problem. I told them the reason I selected the certain area, quiet and close to buses. She told me to make sure I let them know at check in that I have a request. I am also planning on faxing my request a few days before check in. I posted this question on the Resort site but did not receive any feedback. Thanks for all your help!!!

That's not really giving them much choice, they will only give you that room if it's available when you check in. I always get the preferred rooms at POP due to the chance that you will be miles away from the food court and buses. We did that once and it was enough. It doesn't matter as much at the AS as POP just is so spread out. Maybe you should just ask for a room close to the bus stop when you check in.

I have requested a range of room numbers and/or near the bus stops for the past two years visits, and they never accomodate them. Maybe b/c it's Free Dining and they're full, but we've gotten sorry views every time.

Hope you have better luck with someone actually READING your request.

We've always requested a ground floor room and only once did they give that to us :(

I didn't request a specific room, just any room from 5425-5436
yeah but thats what? A range of 11 rooms? There is a good change for that small range of rooms people are not checking out on your arrival dates.

We asked for a building at ASMo and only got that the third year we asked. DD was begging for the Dalmatian building! I have asked for ground floor rooms and haven't gotten one in the last four years, we went during the free dining and the place was full, the other years were all off season before free dining and we still didn't get what I requested. It just depends on the day and time you check in and what's available. You asked for one of 12 rooms so that will probably lower your chances depending on if someone in those 12 rooms check out the day you check in.

My mom always request ground floor to due to a knee replacement but is pretty much never honored. I never get how some people get their room of choice everytime but others never. I would assume if you did not pay for a preferred room then don't expect it to be near the food court/buses.

I just switched our preferred room to standard at POP and requested a room from 5425-5436. I hope some DISer can tell me if I made the right choice or should rethink the room. I want something quiet, and close to the buses.

When we stayed at the POP we had a preferred room, it wasn't worth the extra cash to me. Staying by the computer pool or the bowling pin pool would have been just as nice (in fact less crowded), the whole POP is great.

The main pool was absolutely mobbed.

The only thing I can see is your paying to be closer to the food court area, the bus walk is about the same for everyone. In other words I didn't think it would be much further if you stayed non-preferred.

Have fun
RayJay

I have requested a range of room numbers and/or near the bus stops for the past two years visits, and they never accomodate them. but we've gotten sorry views every time.
You know something, this is OT but.... We have never requested a room in all my trips and I have gotten awesome rooms with great views every time, weird, but maybe there is something to it.

RayJay

Preferred rooms are generally noisier. If you want quiet, stick with standard.

Also, nothing is more than a 5 minute walk from classic hall.

We have stayed at ASM, POP, and PORS and liked the value resorts better except for the noise. I booked a preferred room thinking it would be one of the better choices. I notice on a map that almost all the preferred rooms face pools - not quiet. My DH likes having a room close to the buses and coffee, not a morning person. I thought that one of the rooms facing the lake would be best. I know this should be on the Resort Forum but quite frankly I get a better response here. Thank you for all your input!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter