Did I make a Mistake???

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by genetic jackhammer, May 7, 2007.

1. genetic jackhammer

genetic jackhammer Mouseketeer

Hi all,

Perhaps you help allay my nervousness here. I recently changed our reservations from the Wilderness Lodge to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. DD's are really into animals and we decided to splurge and opt for a Savannah View Room. Now I am getting nervous with the talk of construction going on and confused about the room descriptions, so I'm coing to the experts for help.

1. Even though we requested a Savannah View Bunk room, does this mean we are in the Deluxe category (the slightly larger rooms)??

2. It appears that the Bunk Rooms also have a day bed...if thats true, do we have the option of choosing a 2 Queen/Daybed room?? It appears that this is the same category and rate as the Bunk Bed room.

3. I read that the deluxe rooms are on the 5th floor...isn't this the floor undergoing construction now?? Are there deluxe rooms on the 4th floors??

4. Finally...in your honest opinions, would you try and change resorts?? Is the construction that noticeable?? I've read trip reports both here and on other sites and I guess it appears it all depends on room assignment, but we are arriving in the evening and I would hate to not have any options available to us due to our arrival time.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

Did you pay for a Deluxe room? If not you will not have a day bed. I was in a Savannah View bunk bed room twice and we did not have a day bed.

As for the construction, will you be spending a lot of time at the resort during the day? I think that Disney does their best to minimize the noise, but I also think that some people will be bothered by it.

4. heatherg

heatherg Earning My Ears

My understanding is that you can have a room with bunks that do not have the daybed option.

We have a ressie for a deluxe Savannah view . . . it has a queen/bunk/daybed. Here's the AKL discription of their choices of rooms:

Most rooms are available with your choice of king-size bed (available with daybed), two queen-size beds or one queen-size bed and bunk beds (available with daybed)

. . . .seems like I saw a picture somewhere on the AKL thread of a king/bunk combo though.

Unless your reservation actually states deluxe Savannah view, I'd guess you have a a queen/bunkbed room.

As far as where the deluxe rooms are located. <sigh> We can't get a straight answer on that one. People posting here say they are on the 5th floor. CMs at both CRO and AKL both told dh that there are deluxe rooms on the 2-4 floors. Conceirge deluxe on the 5th.

5. bigmoonmullen

bigmoonmullen <font color=green>Disney Adventurer<br><font color

It will be interesting seeing what everyone saids. We wanted to stay at AKL for our 9 day trip in late November / early December. We changed our mine based on the construction.... sort of... we decided to stay at AKL for 2 nights and then move to WL for 7 nights.

We think we will get the best of both worlds decorated for Xmas and we can deal with the construction, even if it's noisy for two days.

Good Luck and have a Great Trip,

Mark

6. ktink

ktink <b><font color=f95602>Member of the 'Jambo! WildBu

I just had to post that we've just changed our ressies from AKL to WL. :laughing:

7. PrincessPaczki

PrincessPaczki Mom of 2 Prince's

Hi!
    I was just looking on trip advisor, and alot of the people staying at the AK were a little ticked at the noise from 9 - 6! I think we will wait to stay until after the cons. is over!

8. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

As I understand it the construction will be converting most (if not all) of the rooms from the 5th and 6th floors to the new Animal Kingdom Villas.

9. genetic jackhammer

genetic jackhammer Mouseketeer

For the quick replies...gotta love this board.

I think I am in the regular Savannah Bunk too....just that when you go to the official Disney site..they do not differentiate the rates between regular Savannah Bunk and Deluxe Savannah bunk...just a little blurb in the room description. Would have liked the extra space...oh well.

10. disnut8

disnut8 DIS Veteran

As in 9 AM to 6 PM? Seems pretty reasonable to me. Work has to go on sometime. When else are they going to do it? 9-6 is when most people will be away from the resort. Or at least awake in a normal routine. It's kind of like having one person in the neighborhood on the night shift and wanting everyone else not to mow their lawns during the day on the weekends.