Did I get an upgrade?

bonilla

Earning My Ears
We booked our 7 Night Eastern cruise through DU for 11-13-04 through 11-20-04. When we booked, over a year ago, we received a stateroom number, category 9. I booked shore excursions directly through Disney, and received my confirmation in the mail today. Under stateroom, it says GTY? Please, please say I may have gotten an upgrade? I have never cruised with a veranda, can't afford it, but would absolutely love one!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you booked and got a cabin number it is strange that you would be switched to a gaurentee status but if you look at the catagory level that would tell you. I am sure your dreams travel agent would know if you got an upgrade.

If you had a stateroom # when you booked, you need to call DCL or your TA if you used one and ask why the change!

The category is left blank, only the stateroom says GTY? I will send DU an email right now! Thanks for your help!

Hi,
The same thing happened to us. I wondered about it too but when we received our docs our original room number was on them.

When you get the paperwork for your excursions, for some reason it never says your cabin #, it always says "GTY". This doesn't mean you got an upgrade, but of course, anything is possible. :)

I was told i have a guarantee as well but never given a room number. I went through a TA......what exactly are they saying? That I am guaranteed a room in the catagory I was originally booked for? and....how can i find out what room I will have or do I have to wait until closer to my cruise? I am afraid I will get stuck with one of those rooms that people shy away from....due to noise etc and wont have time to complain and change if I dont know the room number. Help!!! I am getting cat 10.

Thanks .... Tracy

Sue Ellen, my TA, called for me about the same issue. Sorry, no upgrade, they just don't put the room number on the excursion confirmations.

Bonilla - I am on the same cruise as you! Come on over to the cruise meets thread. We are a crazy bunch!

Ok, don't know how to do the link but this is what it is titled currently!(John likes to change the name to keep us on our toes!)LOL

11/13/04 Eastern Cruise only 990 hrs til our cruise

We booked excursions for the Oct.30, and our stateroom 7574 is listed on the letter they sent us. This is the room that we requested. So I believe that if you have a stateroom assigned that it would be on the paper. Call DCL or your TA and make sure.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I sent an email to DU, just curious what they will say! Adisneymama, I look forward to meeting some Disers this cruise!!!

I also have my excursion confirmation in my hands and it has the stateroom, category and deck just as requested.

TooPure4U.....

GTY mean you are guaranteed a cabin in your category and that does not mean that you will get a "bad" cabin when it is assigned.

DCL is just continually juggling the GTY cabin inventory and you will not know what room have until your documents arrive.

We have been on GTY status several times and always got a great cabin location when it was assigned sometimes even upgraded.

MJ

Some people like to book gty - they think it increases their chances of the elusive upgrade.

If you book after your category has reached some certain capacity, your only choice will be gty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter