Did I find an unknown Hidden Mickey on our Disney Dream cruise?

Sorry...I think it is confetti.....It also looks like a piece of confetti to the left of that piece (a partial view of it) on the gold part.

Opaque glass would not give a true color. I think it is on the inside and not the outside of the glass. After each Till we Meet Again there is always mickey head confetti the kids are picking up..... somehow a piece or two got in there....they do shoot some confetti out of something from the upper levels so I can easily see a piece landing in there. I am pretty sure there is gold and silver confetti.

MJ

Ok, just to clear this up, do you know they use that colour of confetti? It seems to be a match to the gold on the chandelier. I agree it is likely a piece of confetti, but if it was sitting on that piece of glass would you see it that clearly through the opaque glass? It sort of looks like it is on the underside of the glass.
I think you would indeed see it that clearly. The glass/plastic is only lightly frosted and looks to be thin. The closer something is to the glass/plastic, the more clear it seems to be.

I also believe that the tint of the glass/plastic as well as the general gold colour reflecting off the the surrounding surfaces of the chandelier are what account for the colour of the Mickey head that you are seeing.

(Oh, to answer your question, I do not know what colour the confetti is. On the one cruise I've been on, we did not attend the "Til we meet again" party because we went to Palo.)

Ok, just to clear this up, do you know they use that colour of confetti? It seems to be a match to the gold on the chandelier. I agree it is likely a piece of confetti, but if it was sitting on that piece of glass would you see it that clearly through the opaque glass? It sort of looks like it is on the underside of the glass.

It is directly on the glass and the light is shining right on it. So yes, I think you would be able to see it clearly.

To the OP:
I have a question: There are some similar looking "spots" on the original photo. They're both located in the green glass all the way to the outside of the chandelier (they're at about 10:00 and 2:00).
I'm curious what you'd find if you zoomed in on those areas...Maybe it's more confetti!

There are the same Mickey heads around the light in the Fantasy's atrium also, in reference to the bigger ones that are around this light on the Dream. :)

I am amazed at how much conversation a single piece of errant Mickey-shaped confetti can generate. That is exactly what that is.

Yes I think that is confetti. At Weddings and special events they use that gold foil mickey yhead confetti. they shoot it out of canons, that's most likely how it got in the glass.

The #1 mickey heads are an intentional mickey stamp, I ageree with a previoyus posters the imaganeers wouldn't have put a hidden mickey so randomly. they would have incoprated it better in the design.

I am amazed at how much conversation a single piece of errant Mickey-shaped confetti can generate. That is exactly what that is.

I was thinking the same thing and also the fact that someones boss won't be happy that a speck was not cleaned up. :scared1:

I believe it should be the duty of every person who reads this thread to go find this mickey (the "confetti" one) on their cruise then report back here afterwards. I will be checking first thing June 6th.

I too will be on the June 6 cruise CowboyKell. I will be right there with you looking for it. LOL

I too will be on the June 6 cruise CowboyKell. I will be right there with you looking for it. LOL

Lmao...I wish you well.
Like I said before, I didn't even notice it until I got home and cropped the photo down.
This can now be used as a gauge on how often or how well they clean the chandelier. I like that it is a different perspective than what you normally see.

....they do shoot some confetti out of something from the upper levels so I can easily see a piece landing in there.

MJ

they shoot it out of canons, that's most likely how it got in the glass.

They shoot off the Mickey head confetti at the end of Til We Meet Again on the last night of the cruise.

I don't know first hand on the Dream as I was not on the upper level, but I know for a fact on the Magic in 2005 they did not "shoot out" confetti from any kind of machine. It was a lot of mostly kids' club CMs (as it was right outside their door) standing about 10 feet away from each other around the entire balcony with their hands behind their back. On cue, they all go to the edge of the balcony and throw the confetti over and back up very quickly so the people down below don't see that it was them who did it. They are for sure not aiming for the chandelier and am not sure they could throw confetti that far. I was standing right next to one as it happened and I said "they never saw it coming" and she said "they never do" and I thought that was so cool. Anyway, that's just my 2 cents on whether it's confetti or not. popcorn::

I believe it should be the duty of every person who reads this thread to go find this mickey (the "confetti" one) on their cruise then report back here afterwards. I will be checking first thing June 6th.

:rotfl2:

Have you looked to see if the other spots on the chandelier were also Mickey heads?
Yes, I checked out the spots you mentioned. One seems to be a moth or something. The other one seems to be some dust. Both only show a shadow, no colour like the 'confetti Mickey'

I am still on the fence on this one until we get some better photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter