Did I Dream it?

PigletsPal2

Queen of the Realm
Did I dream it (or maybe I'm indulging in a little wishful thinking?), but I seem to remember that there's a not-too-long walkway from The Swan and Dolphin to the International Gateway at Epcot. DD#1 and I are making a drive-by trip to Epcot to hear Gary Sinese at the Candlelight Processional on Sunday, and we neither are looking forward to finding parking at mid-day or early evening and schlepping through the front of the park and the back again after the CP. We thought we'd have lunch or dinner at S&D and then walk over to Epcot. I say "walk," but in reality, I'll have an ECV; DD will be walking.

I understand that there's also a water taxi from S&D to Epcot with a couple of stops on the way We'd prefer to walk the shorter distance, but if push comes to shove, we'll take it.

Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

Queen Colleen

Did I dream it (or maybe I'm indulging in a little wishful thinking?), but I seem to remember that there's a not-too-long walkway from The Swan and Dolphin to the International Gateway at Epcot. DD#1 and I are making a drive-by trip to Epcot to hear Gary Sinese at the Candlelight Processional on Sunday, and we neither are looking forward to finding parking at mid-day or early evening and schlepping through the front of the park and the back again after the CP. We thought we'd have lunch or dinner at S&D and then walk over to Epcot. I say "walk," but in reality, I'll have an ECV; DD will be walking.

I understand that there's also a water taxi from S&D to Epcot with a couple of stops on the way We'd prefer to walk the shorter distance, but if push comes to shove, we'll take it.

Queen Colleen
Yep there is a walk way from the studios to epcot that brings in at the international gateway on the other side of the bridge leading to France. It would be a quick walk over and you can go at your pace not the boats or busses pace!

From the Swolphin you walk past the Boardwalk shops, the BWI itself and the Wedding Pavillion. Cross the bridge, hang a right, and you're just a minute from the International Gateway turnstiles.

Yep there is a walk way from the studios to epcot that brings in at the international gateway on the other side of the bridge leading to France. It would be a quick walk over and you can go at your pace not the boats or busses pace!

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Do you mean Hollywood Studios? We hadn't planned to go there.

Queen Colleen

You can walk to either Epcot or the Studios. We do it every time we go there. You can also take one of the boats.

Queen Colleen
You can walk around Crescent Lake from the Dolphin and Swan resorts. If at the Dolphin, stay on the "Dolphin side" of the lake and follow the wide path that goes past the Yacht Club and Beach Club resorts.

If at the Swan, stay on the "Swan side" of the lake. You'll pass the Boardwalk Inn. The path is wide wood planks, like a seaside promenade. Once you pass Seabreeze Point (white gazebo), go over a bridge where the path joins with the other path to form one path leading to Epcot International Gateway. Maybe 15-20 min walk at the most.

From the Dolphin or Swan it would be quicker to walk than to take the Friendship boat, because of stops at YC/BC and BWI before arriving at the Epcot IG stop.

Thanks very much everyone. Another question came to mind. I bought DD's ticket a month or so ago. She's a FL resident, and that's the kind of ticket I got, but I didn't have any ID for her, so her ticket has to be "validated" at a ticket window. Are there ticket windows at International Gateway? I would imagine there would have to be, but you never know. Thanks again.

Queen Colleen

Thanks very much everyone. Another question came to mind. I bought DD's ticket a month or so ago. She's a FL resident, and that's the kind of ticket I got, but I didn't have any ID for her, so her ticket has to be "validated" at a ticket window. Are there ticket windows at International Gateway? I would imagine there would have to be, but you never know. Thanks again.

Queen Colleen

Yes there are a few ticket windows.

Just a heads up the walk way from the Swan and Dolphin is about at 15-20 minute walk.

Here is one of Robo's pictures that shows you the paths:

c8c8256e1a8b343ba3c79578f3fcf275.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter