Did Concierge Family Staterooms exist on Magic?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by MartDM, May 11, 2014.

1. MartDM

MartDM DIS Veteran

Last time we were on Magic, we were in a 1BS and I could have sworn that our concierge told us there were standard staterooms that were concierge as well. I just was looking (we were contemplating two adjoining rather than the 1BS for next cruise) and I don't see any.

Have I lost my mind? Did they exist and go away with the refurb or was there never such a category in the first place?

Only the suites are concierge on Magic?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Bettyscruise

Bettyscruise Mouseketeer

That is certainly the case now. I don't know about pre re-fit.

4. gigi1313

gigi1313 DIS Veteran

a look at the Wonder will tell you what the Magic used to have...

5. Mommb

Mommb Mouseketeer

I am fairly sure the only Concierge rooms ever on the Magic have been the suites. On the Magic and Wonder, the main advantages to Concierge are the extra space and the early bookings (which has only been a really big draw since the Cabanas at Castaway Cay opened a few years ago). There is no concierge lounge, which is a main draw of the Family Concierge rooms on the Dream and Fantasy.

6. insureman

insureman DIS Veteran

The Magic and Wonder have never had anything for concierge other than one bedroom and up suites.

7. MartDM

MartDM DIS Veteran

Thanks for the help everyone. I guess I'm just remembering wrong. Just as well - I thought the 1BR was great the two times we've had it.

DH was thinking that, now that DS is a little older, two rooms might be better so I guess this settles it.

Happy to head back to cabin 8032 for round 3

:)

8. *Flower*

*Flower* Needs to Win the Lottery!!

There is a 2BR suite available on the Magic for the WBTA next year, so evidently the refit didn't remove it.

HTH!!