Did anyone see Rango...good ages to see this?

goofy4wdw2

DIS Veteran
Has anyone seen Rango? Did you like it and for what ages would you find it appropriate? My mom would like to take my kids (ages 3.5 and 4.5) to see it and I wasn't sure if they were a little young for it...so I'm curious for feedback from those who saw the movie. Thank you!

I have not seen the movie yet - but a good friend highly recommended it. Said it was fantastic. My kids are a bit older though, the youngest being 7.

My sister took her kids yesterday to see it. They are 6 & 3. She said she didn't realize that it was PG and there was alot of foul language.

I will probably take my older two, but they are almost 10 & 12.

I agree with PP. I took my 9 and 5 year old yesterday and was not happy with the language, scariness or sexual connotations. The last neither caught onto and actually at times made me giggle. The language wasn't even necessary - it was almost like they jammed it in there.

I would say good for kids 11 or so and up depending on your tolerance.

We saw the movie yesterday and it is definitely for older kids & adults. I thought it was pretty good with that in mind. My 9yr old son enjoyed it. However 4yr old son & 5yr old niece did not really get into it. And as pp said there is bad language & violence. I know it's a western movie but there was a lot of guns in it (for an animated film).

What kind of "bad" language are we talking here? Are they just saying butt, ect or actual 4 letter words?

We took my 11 year old and 9 1/2 year old on Friday night. There were several kids in the audience. Definately a lot of adult humor and some bad language to be honest probably nothing worse then they have heard on alot of daytime cartoons anymore. If I remembe right h*** was the worse at least that I can recall.

Both of my kids are on the autism spectrum and my youngest has a really hard time sitting still for that long and he was able to sit through most of it with some moving around in his seat and standing up quite a few times but he never asked to leave during the middle of it which has happend quit a few times that we have tried to take him to a movie. It was fairly loud in places he wore his headphones during the whole movie loud noises bother him, but they both seemed to enjoy it.

3 & 4? No, no no no...

I took my DD (11) yesterday and she liked it. But there's lots of shooting, a bird that has a water tower dropped on it (killing it), the chorus sing with nooses around there necks - not good imagery for little ones.

We took our 5 year old yesterday. I would say it was probably inappropriate for her and I would not recommend it for younger kids. She would tell you otherwise. To my complete surprise she absolutely loved it (she usually doesn't like anything with violence and it has quite a bit). I guess she is going to like westerns. It is basically like a classic live actor western movie with all the shooting, some of the swearing, characters getting killed etc. DH counted them saying H#%# 6 times. I only noticed it once, but about choked that time. One of the good characters tells the villian to Go to H#%#. It was loud, blatant, and unmissable. DH and I just looked at each other with shocked faces, and I know we were both thinking that we sure hoped we didn't hear that coming out of DD's mouth the next time she got mad at someone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter