Did anyone get the invite to preview Oz?

haleofafamily

DIS Veteran
I saw on twitter a couple of days ago that DVC members were receiving e-mails about previewing Oz.

I called about it was told that only guest that lived within a certain area were getting the invites. Did anyone get one? If so, what were the dates?

Thanks!

Found a link...should have searched first.

Anyone know if there is a waitlist for this :)

I received an invite for Oz. There were 3 showings to choose from: Sat 2/23 at 1pm and 4:30pm, and Sun 2/24 at 1pm. I signed up. I didn't realize it was only offered to certain members.

I live about an hour away, so maybe it was only offered to people living close by, since most people wouldn't want to travel too far for a movie. I suppose they could have invited all DVC members who had reservations at a DVC during that time. Maybe they did. Don't know.

I live in Maryland and got the invite. A lot of DVC members who are registered for the Disney Princess Half Marathon also got the invite.

I live in NJ and we got an invite. We are not registered for the half marathon either. Not sure why we got it!

Thanks for the replies. I'm going for the Princess Half, but not staying DVC.

I found a link to sign up for the viewing but all the times were full.

My sister who lives in NY, and who has a reservation which includes the preview dates, got it and did register for it.

I live in AZ and knew nothing about it until she told me and then I read more about it on the boards. Nothing from Disney.

I registered when the email went out on 2/7. Going to the 1 PM screening on 2/23. :3dglasses

I registered for 2/24 at 1:00 pm and received the confirmation "screen" but now realized I never received an email. Did anyone get an email confirmation?

That's what I was afraid of. I guess I will call and see if I am on the list. Does it say that we have to bring the email with us? Thanks.

It has our name, party size, date and time of the screening. The body of the confirmation contains:
Thank you for making our Disney Vacation Club advance screening of Oz The Great and Powerful part of your entertainment plans. We're looking forward to welcoming you at World ShowPlace, in between Canada and the United Kingdom at Epcot®, for this special cinematic event! Seating is on a first come, first served basis, so arrive early to get the best seats! Seating will begin up to an hour before the scheduled start time and will end fifteen minutes before showtime.

As this highly anticipated film won't open to the public until March 8, security measures such as checking in recording devices, including cell phones, will occur prior to entering the theater. Arriving early and without such devices will greatly simplify and accelerate your entry procedure. To maintain the exclusivity of this event, at least one valid Member ID per registration will be required, in addition to a printed confirmation of your registration in order to enter the theater. While we recognize that security measures add a wrinkle to any travel plans, we also know that great feeling that comes with seeing something the rest of the world will have to wait to experience.

It sure is good to be a Member!

Thank you again for joining us. We'll see you at the theater!

A special thank you to RealD for helping make this event possible.
It also has a link to cancel. Check you spam folder if you have one.

I remember reading all of that, especially noting that the OZ preview was in a different location than the John Carter preview. So I think I must have deleted it by accident. It's not in my trash, spam or any other folders. Since I have a free yahoo email account, it is now lost forever.

I called DVC on the off chance they will have a master list at the door. They said they do not maintain a list - just rely on ID and email confirmation. No email, no entry - so I guess I am SOL.

My mistake.

I hope everyone else has a great time!!!

I received the original email, tried to register immediately and over the course of the afternoon/evening but could not get anywhere with the link. I emailed through the contact link and received no response. I'm extremely aggravated by it all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter