Did anyone book a Sept cruise today?

Ofinn

DCL Platinum
I was able to book a the September 8 cruise 7a gty 2 adults and 2 kids for 2154 minus 10% and 100 OBC for a total cost of 1860. I switched my 2014 cruise to this cruise so I could get the 100 OBC and 10% discount. I only owe 1500. :cool1:I can rebook my 2014 cruise while onboard. I asked my kids if they would rather do 10 days at Disney Club level or a cruise and 5 days at Disney non Club level. FYI I am booked with Bounce back offer. They voted for choice number 2. Actually the wanted to do a 7 day cruise and no Disney, but we have AP's that expire 9/17 so I feel like I should get my last use out of them.

I'm super excited to be doing another cruise at such a great price. It actually is costing me less than my original club level plan. I was wondering if anyone else took advantage of the great pricing.

That sounds like a great deal. Congrats. :cool1:

Thanks for the details, but could you confirm it's the Dream 4 night out of PC.

TIA

Congrats on the great deal! DCL has been offering these low fares on September sailings on the Dream off and on since early February. Initially, the last week of August was included as well. We booked in February and I've been checking DCL's site a couple of times a week ever since. At times, the promotional fares disappeared for weeks at a time, but they keep popping back up. When I booked, they were offering a $100 OBC for booking cat 7A using the code DRM. I think the OBC was $50 for 9D and 11C. For the 9/1 sailing, all three categories went into GTY status very quickly -- I booked 3 days into the promotion and cat 7A was already in GTY status. I didn't monitor the other dates, so I'm not sure how long it took those to go into GTY status.

This is an interesting new way for DCL to fill the ship during an off-peak time. There are only 26 cat 7A rooms, 11 cat 9D rooms, and 27 cat 11C rooms, so clearly many people will be upgraded. Personally I would be fine with most of the 7A rooms (or I wouldn't have booked GTY), but it sure would be nice to get bumped up!

Just curious how did you get 10% off and the OBC?

We did a four night cruise this Spring. I booked a 7 night for 2014 and got the OBC and 10% discount. I changed my 2014 cruise to this cruise. I can rebook 2014 while on board. We hadn't planned on doing a another cruise in Sept just WDW, but the great pricing is hard to pass up.

Thanks for posting. I just checked my cruise and it looks like we have another price drop. It's like $16, but that will cover a few hours in the nursery for DD :-)

We booked our Sept 1st cruise back in January. It was a 7A GTY category for $1315.00, got obc $100.00 from Disney with the Dream promotion they had and another $50.00 from the booking travel agent that we used. It was a steal. Best part is if they roll out Florida Resident Rates for this cruise, they will accommodate the price change if it goes lower. So all in all it was great :cool1:

Thanks for posting. I just checked my cruise and it looks like we have another price drop. It's like $16, but that will cover a few hours in the nursery for DD :-)

This wasn't a price drop, per se. For whatever reason, the port fees went down. Regardless of the reason, savings is savings!

Typically if the rates go down, yes you can request an adjustment. Right now the only change was the port charges and they can normally vary. If it changes when on board they credit your shipboard account etc... So the can was approx. $10.00. Happy sailing everyone pixiedust:

Congrats on the great pricing. As a Floridian, I do recommend the insurance for September cruises as that is peak hurricane season. Just a thought.

This wasn't a price drop, per se. For whatever reason, the port fees went down. Regardless of the reason, savings is savings!

Where do you go in your reservation to check this? Where would I look?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

How do you find the GTY rates on the web site?

Where do you go in your reservation to check this? Where would I look?

I had been checking DCL's site a couple of times a week to see what was happening with September rates, and I saw that the price had gone down just a bit for my sailing. When I looked more closely, I saw that the cruise fare was the same, but the port charges were a little lower. A few days later, I got an e-mail from DCL "confirming" our cruise. The e-mail reflected the lower balance due to the reduced port charges. If I had not seen the change on DCL's site, I'm not sure I would have been able to figure out what was going on from the e-mail! I did book directly through DCL for this cruise, so I'm not sure how you would find out if you booked through a TA.

How do you find the GTY rates on the web site?

There really aren't "GTY rates." Once a category has almost sold out, DCL will continue to sell that category for a little while with GTY status -- so you will not get to choose a specific room. DCL will assign you a room in that category or higher FOR THE SAME PRICE as if you had chosen a specific room in that category. If you do end up getting upgraded, I suppose you could see it as a discount. Many people do end up with the category they booked. There are actual discounted rates called IGT, OGT, and VGT. When they are available, they will be listed with the other room categories. Look up near the top of the page and you will find a Sticky with a great explanation of the difference between GTY and *GT bookings.

I had been checking DCL's site a couple of times a week to see what was happening with September rates, and I saw that the price had gone down just a bit for my sailing. When I looked more closely, I saw that the cruise fare was the same, but the port charges were a little lower. A few days later, I got an e-mail from DCL "confirming" our cruise. The e-mail reflected the lower balance due to the reduced port charges. If I had not seen the change on DCL's site, I'm not sure I would have been able to figure out what was going on from the e-mail! I did book directly through DCL for this cruise, so I'm not sure how you would find out if you booked through a TA.

I had called last week to apply some gift cards to our balance to pre pay for the tips and our airport transfers and I went through Costco to do so since I had transferred the reservation over awhile back. When she came back she advised me I had a $16.00 extra credit to my OBB since the price went down (port taxes or fees as you mentioned). You are right - not sure how I would have known this since I wasn't notified but I'm glad they pointed it out to me so among the three of us we have a free coffee drink a piece I guess :)

I'm surprised this 7A rate is still popping up for $599! Like many others, we will be fine with the 7A but I really hope since there are three of us we do get upgraded and based on the numbers that have booked this and the availability of true 7A cabins, surely quite a few will be upgraded. I can't wait to find out where we all end up! :cool1:

Heather

Hmm. We cruise sept 22-26, ill have to start paying attention. I hope ours changes and I have a little bit of lower difference.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

There really aren't "GTY rates." Once a category has almost sold out, DCL will continue to sell that category for a little while with GTY status -- so you will not get to choose a specific room. DCL will assign you a room in that category or higher FOR THE SAME PRICE as if you had chosen a specific room in that category. If you do end up getting upgraded, I suppose you could see it as a discount. Many people do end up with the category they booked. There are actual discounted rates called IGT, OGT, and VGT. When they are available, they will be listed with the other room categories. Look up near the top of the page and you will find a Sticky with a great explanation of the difference between GTY and *GT bookings.

Actually the 7a gty's were cheaper than the inside and ocean view cabins. I would consider this a discount. It's a special Disney has been running periodically on the September cruises. Normally you would be correct GTY's aren't discounted, but this is not a normal gty booking.

Actually the 7a gty's were cheaper than the inside and ocean view cabins. I would consider this a discount. It's a special Disney has been running periodically on the September cruises. Normally you would be correct GTY's aren't discounted, but this is not a normal gty booking.

I agree that the September dates on the Dream do not follow the typical GTY "rules." Initially, this was not a GTY promotion. When DCL rolled out the DRM promotion in February, things were more clear cut. For 4-night sailings (I'll use that example because that is what I'm familiar with), this was the deal that was offered:

Lowest category of inside room (11C): $499 + $50 OBC
Lowest category of outside room (9D): $549 + $50 OBC
Lowest category of verandah room (7A): $599 + $100 OBC
*These prices are per person for the first two people in the room; the OBC is per room

I started to book on the first day, and at that time I was able to choose a specific room. By the time we decided to definitely go ahead, on day 3 of the promotion, 7A was in GTY status. So this didn't start as a "GTY" promotion.

What is different about the September sailings on the Dream is that DCL has continued to offer the fares on and off over a period of months. I've only been following the 4-night cruises, but sometimes all three special rates are available and sometimes only one or two of them show. One thing is for certain -- Lots of people have gotten great deals!

Must go now. My booking window for our 9/1 cruise opens in 4 minutes!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter