Diamond Celebration: 24 Hour Event @ Disneyland Resort May 22-23!

So, I have been reading quite a few trip reports from the first 24-hour party in 2012 (Leap Day, One More Disney Day) and also the one from 2013 (Monstrous Summer). The 2012 party was a disaster, with the park reaching capacity and 2 hour traffic back ups into/around Anaheim. I think part of the problem there was that DCA only operated on normal hours so when that park closed at 8pm everyone there flooded into Disneyland, along with everyone else trying to enter after work. It was much more organized in 2013 and DCA was open for 24hrs too which took some of the pressure off DLP. I haven't read anything mentioning the parks reaching capacity in that year, but lines were still long in the evenings when people came after work/school. I'm guessing that this year will be combination of the two, it will be super busy, and DLP will probably reach capacity in the evening, especially with all the new shows debuting, but hopefully it won't be AS BAD as 2012. I'm hoping that is the case, really, really hoping!

They've formally announced WoC dining packages for the 24-hour event's 3:00 am WoC showing:
‘World of Color’ Dining Packages Available for Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration 24-Hour Kickoff Event

Thanks for posting that, figment! I think it's interesting that it mentions lunch and dinner WOC packages for the 9pm and 11:15pm shows, but the entertainment schedule says that the shows are at 9pm and 10:15pm. With trying to see both Paint the Night and Disneyland Forever, it makes it impossible to make it to the 10:15 WOC show, but an 11:15 show would be doable. I wonder which one is the correct time?

Angrose, I caught that ,too. I hope 11:15 is right. We also had thought about WOC but wanting to see the new parade and fireworks, we knew there would not be time to do it until 3:00 am. My husband is an early to bed kind of person so I don't think we'll be at the parks that late. Hope this works out!

Angrose, I caught that ,too. I hope 11:15 is right. We also had thought about WOC but wanting to see the new parade and fireworks, we knew there would not be time to do it until 3:00 am. My husband is an early to bed kind of person so I don't think we'll be at the parks that late. Hope this works out!

Nope, it's 10:15pm. They are working on correcting the blog. Darn it! Looks like I'll be staying up super late that night after all!

Bummer! I was hoping it was right. Although my husband is being a good sport and saying he will try to make it. But we are driving home the next day, so I don't want to be so tired! Have Fun!!

That is so funny! I just might take a nap there too! Thanks for the tip! LOL

So, are the 3AM dining packages sold out already? I can't find any available times online. I wonder if anyone would notice if I just sneak in to the 3AM viewing. I mean, seriously. It's just me. I promise I won't take up that much space. And I'm too afraid of leaving DL and not being able to get back in.

I would call and ask. When I reserved an Aladdin grab and go, the online system was only allowing reservations that would
Give the FP for the earlier fantasmic, and I wanted the later. I called and they were now to reserve the time I needed to get the later FP. My guess is that the system for the packages is designed to sell the earlier seats first, before opening reservations for the later FPs. It may be the same for the other show packages?

Me neither. However, that's the only hotel that is on my "never" list, based on reviews. If you can find someplace else, you may want to consider it.
ughh i know, i read mixed reviews about the hotel and since it's been recently renovated i expect a clean room... i will look for something else, better safe than sorry.

Last edited:
Do you have to have an ADR for the 3:00am WOC or a fastpass? I just figured we'd show up an hour or so before the show, if we were still at the parks, to get a spot somehow. Guess I really hadn't thought about it since it is so late (or should I say early).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter