Dialysis centers near WDW?

Discussion in 'disABILITIES!' started by SpoiledDisFam, Jan 21, 2010.

1. SpoiledDisFam

SpoiledDisFam Earning My Ears

Hi all,

My husband is on dialysis and we are planning on going this xmas. Does anyone know where the closest dialysis center is and is it easier to just rent a car or take a cab over?

Thanks for any help.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - b

See post number three in the disABILITIES FAQ sticky, above http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=595713 for information; but PLEASE talk to the social worker at your/the potential Guest's current dialysis location for assistance scheduling treatment while on vacation. As you must know, many/most centers operate at pretty much full capacity, and the social worker will be beneficial in making arrangements.

4. SpoiledDisFam

SpoiledDisFam Earning My Ears

Thank you for the link. It helps a lot.

5. SueM in MN

SueM in MN combining the teacups with a roller coaster Moderator

kaytieeldr posted just what I was going to say :goodvibes

Please let us know how how things went.

6. dclfun

dclfun DIS Veteran

Most guests use the Celebration dialysis center and most people get lost, including cab drivers! Make sure you have good directions. I'd recommend a rental car just to have more control over arrival/departure and maybe taking a trial run drive to be sure you can find the center beforehand. Actually the social worker has to make arrangements beforehand and will set the dates/times to best coordinate with what each person's protocol is at their home center.---Kathy

7. Kinziepoohsmom

Kinziepoohsmom Mouseketeer

DH used Celebration Dialysis on our Christmas trip and had no problems. He liked the facility and it was less than 15 mins from Kidani to Celebration. We had a rental car and did a trial run so we would not get lost but brought our own gps system just in case