Diabolo Girls from Cirque - Ages Revealed!

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by *NikkiBell*, Aug 12, 2008.

1. *NikkiBell*

*NikkiBell* The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible Moderator

Many people have speculated about the age of the Chinese girls who perform the diabolo act in Cirque du Soleil. I remember the podcast crew discussing this on a show a few months back. I believe Kevin said he called to find out their ages and he was told they were in their teens. The most recent Mickey Monitor states that they are all between 8-10 years old. Mystery solved!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DSNY4ever

DSNY4ever <font color=darkorchid>I am going to keep hunting

Oh, so when they retire their Olympic gymnastics team they must send them over there ;)

4. trivial

trivial Toronto, Ontario

:lmao: :thumbsup2

I was actually thinking about this very thing while watching the Chinese gymnastics team.

5. catycatcat4

catycatcat4 Magic Kingdom Cast Member.

6. luna99

luna99 Oh great. Now we've got a yeti. - Jamie from Mythb

thanks! DH and I were talking about this very topic the other night (while watching the olympics!) :rolleyes1

7. dpuck1998

dpuck1998 <font color=blue>I'm innocent I tell you...innocen

Yea, by 10 they have already been in 2 Olympics competing for China.

8. checkwriter

checkwriter DIS Veteran

Don't get me started . . . it's so obvious that many of the Chinese gymnasts are well under age. Kudos to Bela Karolyi for not mincing his words about that.

From Yahoo! Sports: "“They are using half-people,” Karolyi told the Associated Press. “One of the biggest frustrations is, what arrogance. These people think we are stupid.

“We are in the business of gymnastics and we know what a kid of 14 or 15 or 16 looks like. You don’t have to be a gymnastics coach to know what they look like at 16.”

A number of U.S. media investigations have shown that Deng is one of three Chinese team members who previously had ages listed on various documents that would make them as young as 14 during this calendar year.

However, the International Gymnastics Federation (FIG) merely requires a government issued passport as proof of age. China produced one for each member of the team.

-------------

Okay, well, I suppose if the government that televised faked fireworks and used a voice-double for a little girl singer for the opening ceremonies produced passports for its gymnasts that say they're 16, who are we to argue? :confused3