• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DHS Construction update thread (Read Post 1) Updated 8/21/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree - I think there is a very good chance in Florida that Star Tours is a part of the new land. I would be surprised if it isn't. In DLR just the opposite. They won't make the effort to move it, giving them the option of "leave it" or "close it". I would assume the most likely to do is the former.
I've heard star tours in Disneyland is safe for a few years but it's uncertain after that.

I don't agree at all. This could (and should) be an EXTENSIVE retheming of that restaurant. That room was open cavernous and designed to sort of be an arcade at the same time. The seating areas were not that large and it was really poorly designed. You are right if they are just smacking a coat of paint then it should be quick, but based on the timeline it seems more like a complete overhaul. Think of what they did with Skipper's Cantina.

I didn't think Skipper's Canteen took as long as they have planned for Pizza Planet. That's what makes me think there is something besides a complete makeover.

I didn't think Skipper's Canteen took as long as they have planned for Pizza Planet. That's what makes me think there is something besides a complete makeover.
You also have to look at the permit which doesn't expire until November 2017 and includes the mama melrose space. This very well could be more than just a retheme but we don't know.

You also have to look at the permit which doesn't expire until November 2017 and includes the mama melrose space. This very well could be more than just a retheme but we don't know.

I hope it's Star Wars related, but it might be a weird place to do that. Once we see the layout of the lands, we will be able to tell some of the future plans better.

Apologies if this has already been posted but it looks like the next closures on April 2nd are:

• Prop Shop
  • Watto's Grotto
  • The Writer's Stop
I am gutted to see the Writer's Stop close, a fantastic secluded spot to grab a coffee, pastry and 15 minutes of relaxation.

Apologies if this has already been posted but it looks like the next closures on April 2nd are:

• Prop Shop
  • Watto's Grotto
  • The Writer's Stop
I am gutted to see the Writer's Stop close, a fantastic secluded spot to grab a coffee, pastry and 15 minutes of relaxation.

I agree. I loved stopping by there!

While this isn't an exciting update - it DOES mean forward progress is being made.It's easy to say "Why aren't they building yet?" But when you think about it, they had to set up the new location(s) and transfer all the equipment, which is probably a several month undertaking.
I agree but the backlot tour closed a year ago. I feel like they could've moved this sooner. Either way it's nice to finally see major progress.

I agree but the backlot tour closed a year ago. I feel like they could've moved this sooner. Either way it's nice to finally see major progress.

Oh they could have done a lot of these steps sooner. But it is what it is. More important really is that they are doing it now.

You are right - but until the project was approved, they probably couldn't. The project wasn't really approved until last summer. Then they have to find a building to house the whole department (or possibly construction a building), and find a way to transfer all the equipment and personnel while at the same time continuing to do there work. As I said, not a "sexy" part of the construction, but a necessary one. Hopefully the demo will move swiftly now.

While this isn't an exciting update - it DOES mean forward progress is being made.It's easy to say "Why aren't they building yet?" But when you think about it, they had to set up the new location(s) and transfer all the equipment, which is probably a several month undertaking.

The bungalow buildings next to the creative costuming which were now used as administration offices now have just moved to new buildings. Seems like things are finally moving back there.

The bungalow buildings next to the creative costuming which were now used as administration offices now have just moved to new buildings. Seems like things are finally moving back there.
Ok that statement was very confusing. Am I the only one that found it a bit confusing?

Sorry to bring up the restaurant thing again but considering the sense of humor posted on the walls, something tells me it's Muppet-related. Which if in turn it is makes me happy because that means Muppet Vision gets to stay :D. Even though it is the oldest film on property it's still a priority for me every time and it never gets old

Ok that statement was very confusing. Am I the only one that found it a bit confusing?
Well, the sentence structure could have been better but I understand what they are saying. There were some "bungalow" type buildings near the creative costuming area that the tram drove through. Those bungalows were used by production companies originally and subsequently by DHS administrative types, who have now been moved to other locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter