• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DHS Construction update thread (Read Post 1) Updated 8/21/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Update:
Pylons and I-beams being drove into the ground between the world drive lanes for what I'm assuming will be the conveyor system for DHS construction.

I have a wdwmagic account but if I linked to the post on wdwmagic none of you would be able to see it unless you all have accounts.
Gotcha.

The building that's left, is that the creature shop/green screen section of the former backstage pass attraction? I know it's kind of connected to the midway mania soundstages through a tube so I'm just curious as to why that's still there of all things
I'm not exactly sure.

The building that's left, is that the creature shop/blue screen section of the former backstage pass attraction? I know it's kind of connected to the midway mania soundstages through a tube so I'm just curious as to why that's still there of all things
That would have been the original prop shop where the played the Dalmatian video during the tour.

This is what it looked like after they axed the walking part of the tour up until construction: http://disneyeventgroup.com/sections/decor/

I did a walk around the parks today. Sorry no pictures.

Pizza Rizzo seems to be moving fast. Today they were installing the ceiling and lighting on the first floor of the outside eating area. The sprinkler system also looked complete. The lights are currently a basic black hanging cone design and the ceiling appeared to be a white corrugated steel. The second floor of the outside eating area was getting wired. Also by the exit of Muppets the facade that was the Phineas and Ferb meet and greet is still up. From the aerials it seems just a facade so I'm wondering if they might extend the city look in that back corner and they are keeping it to use it.

The last facade of streets of america, the one next to the Writer's Stop, had guys in a cherry picker and they seemed to be removing detail parts and wiring from the exterior of the facade. I expect this too might be gone within a week. I can still see the lone townhall in the distance, but we already hypothesized about that.

Over by TSMM as stated before the facade entrance to the Backlot tour is gone but the building the was behind the water special effects tank is still there. I also noticed two excavators and a drill. So it looks like we are going to see more interesting aerials soon.

Over in Epcot nothing of note, except Corey and Steven getting food from Poland (I think).

The last facade of streets of america, the one next to the Writer's Stop, had guys in a cherry picker and they seemed to be removing detail parts and wiring from the exterior of the facade. I expect this too might be gone within a week. I can still see the lone townhall in the distance, but we already hypothesized about that.
Part of that facade is staying. It may be rethemed but it's staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter