DHS Construction update thread (Read Post 1) Updated 8/21/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
While visiting Hollywood Studios this morning, I noticed that the former "Joffrey's Coffee Stand" has been reduced to a pile of rubble and they have also started to remove some other building in the back (cars meet and greet?) along with all the shrubbery that was once in front of that building in large pots.
IMG_7944.jpg
IMG_7948.jpg
IMG_7952.jpg
IMG_7953.jpg

Last edited:
While visiting Hollywood Studios this morning, I noticed that the former "Joffrey's Coffee Stand" has been reduced to a pile of rubble and they have also started to remove some other building in the back (cars meet and greet?) along with all the shrubbery that was once in front of that building in large pots.
Thanks for the images!

Definitely interesting to see the progress in person, I wonder when they will resume work

Definitely interesting to see the progress in person, I wonder when they will resume work
The work has never really stopped. They just have moved to different areas. The road work is a huge priority right now. Toy story construction is also getting ready to begin and permits have been filed for footing work over there.

IMG_7944.jpg
IMG_7948.jpg
IMG_7952.jpg
IMG_7953.jpg

No!!!! Not the shrubbery:)

The work has never really stopped. They just have moved to different areas. The road work is a huge priority right now. Toy story construction is also getting ready to begin and permits have been filed for footing work over there.
They were actively working in this area yesterday afternoon when we were there.

I believe it will be the direct path from Star Wars to Star Tours. Once Star Wars is up and fully functional, at some point ST will get rethemed, by all reports, and then some more changes may come there is my guess.
I've been studying maps and I can't see how that will work. If they keep Star Tours, it seems wildly out of place.

Toy Story work it seems
Turns out that, the permit just filed is move the well near where Catastrophe Canyon once was. That would be Star Wars area.

Interesting part is Disney did file a permit to move that well already but then withdrew that permit a month later.

Turns out that, the permit just filed is move the well near where Catastrophe Canyon once was. That would be Star Wars area.

Interesting part is Disney did file a permit to move that well already but then withdrew that permit a month later.

This permit is for work in the area of the well, not to move it. I have marked the location in blue below. Not sure if this is related to either TSL or SWL.

upload_2016-7-14_20-28-44.jpg

This permit is for work in the area of the well, not to move it. I have marked the location in blue below. Not sure if this is related to either TSL or SWL.

View attachment 181894
Thanks for the clarification. That building above it is staying correct? That would lead me to believe it's Star Wars related rather than toy story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter